By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - my love life needs help *please give advice*

Miguel_Zorro said:

I can't think of a nice way to say this, so I'll just say it.  Call it tough love.  Based on your post, you don't sound like a good catch.  You seem to lack the English skills that someone half your age should have.  You have an immature view of what is important in a girl/woman.  You seem to lack self esteem.  Frankly, I didn't read anything in your post that indicates you can do any better.

That said, I don't see this relationship going in a good direction.  In my opinion, this girl is with you because she sees you as weak, meaning she gets to control you and wear the pants in the relationship.  So yes, end it.  But then, more importantly, stop thinking about what's wrong with the girl.  Instead, sort yourself out.  Instead of "needing a girl who accepts that you spend MOST of your time gaming", you need to spend less time gaming.  Use proper spelling and grammar, and take pride in it.  Think about where you want to go in life.  Think about the importance of having goals.  Realize that nobody can crush your interests unless you let them do it - that is, if you have legitimate interests beyond "spending most of your time playing video games" in the first place.

Finally, take it from me, and I'm guessing almost everybody else here.  17 year olds always think that their first love is the one - that they're irreplaceable, that they'll never be able to form the same connection with another person, etc. etc.  Even if you were with the perfect girl, odds are you wouldn't appreciate it unless you had really dated someone else first.  Get out there and see the world.

i get how you came up with this, but surely, you cannot judge a person over a post on a forum. Now, yes she does sometimes think she has the belt in the relationship and i am not one to follow on that and never have. I do game, but it does not take over my life, its simply a good quality she has that she accepts that i game and take it seriously at times...thanks for the advice, but please, but this just says that i should stay with her...since i cannot do any better...oh and btw, there is no point in using proper spelling and grammer, it is just a formal way to communicate...and it is all subjective and a matter of relativity...thanks for the advice though, im def. taking it into consideration.