By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite gaming soundtrack?

Final Fantasy VI has the greatest soundtrack of all time; the piano and orchestral albums are absolutely fantastic. Further, the Black Mages version of "Dancing Mad" is pretty much the greatest song ever recorded.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

For games that feature actual songs instead of a score, I'm partial to stuff like the Jet Set Radio and Katamari games.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Mr. Nice said:
Donkey Kong Country 1-3

All of them fit the mood of the games so well.

Metroid and Phoenix Wright games tied for 2nd.

I still have my audio casette of DK JAMZ.  It's so good.  It's great for the game, and it's even better to fall asleep to.

Anyway, everybody click my earlier links and read the lyrics to Super Mario Compact Disco.  It's the best THING ever. 

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

I loved all of the DKCs. FF6 = good. Wipeout XL and Guitar Hero III are also favorites of mine.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Gemfire on the SNES. It's midi songs are ok... but it's actual soundtrack songs on the CD are awesome... of course you can only get them directly from Japan.

Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger has music I still listen to occasionally too even if they were just midis. My one friend has a FF6 song as his ringtone.

I don't get why everybody hates the Midi now. It's a fun quirky music style.

Around the Network

1: Terranigma (Unbelievable Soundtrack!!!!)

2: Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2

3: Endless Ocean

4: Final Fantasy IX & X

5: Zelda: OoT

I'm surprised no one else said Wind Waker

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

God of War 1 + 2, and Metal Gear Solid.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

God of War 1 + 2, and Metal Gear Solid and Okmai, oops double post

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Donkey Kong Country 2

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D