By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How about a VGChartz seal of approval?

Many members on this forum will have to agree that too many review sites score unfairly, sometimes they may have a console biast or 'other incentives' (read: lair) and other times the reviewers spend too much time focusing on graphics.

How about we, as a community, discuss and award maybe 5,6 awards a month (typically one game for each 
platform) to games we thought excelled above excellence. These awards should primarily be issued for gameplay, graphics and other things should be taken account for, but not as priority.

There should be guidlines, but they won't be strict. Maybe we could have a rule stating that the game must be 10 hours minimum, but exceptions could be made if the game offers loads of replayability, and multiplayer - and if the realitivly short campaign is complete gold the whole way through.

What do you guys (et gals) think? 

Around the Network

No, the community is too biased.

For the same reason Game Rankings didn't work, this won't.

I Approve. I'm not sure what I approved, but I did.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

yeah i think we can do this

Fuzzmosis said:
I Approve. I'm not sure what I approved, but I did.

I approve of your approval.

Around the Network

as long as its one game from each console it should be ok. but you have to own the console to vote for the game, how you implement that is beyond me

Rath - this is why it would be a discussion, with the votes anyone can make one and be totally anonymous (spl?). With discussions, people would have to sign up.

Also, if we're discussing Mass Effect, for example, and someone called '360suxxorspswiiftw' and they replace the 'ff' with an 'r' in the Mass Effect title, we can pretty much ignore their comment.

SamuelRSmith said:

Rath - this is why it would be a discussion, with the votes anyone can make one and be totally anonymous (spl?). With discussions, people would have to sign up.

Also, if we're discussing Mass Effect, for example, and someone called '360suxxorspswiiftw' and they replace the 'ff' with an 'r' in the Mass Effect title, we can pretty much ignore their comment.

The community still had far too much inherent bias. Even most of the reasonably well mannered half of the community is entirely unable to look at games objectively and decide which one is the best, this along with the fact that the largest user group here being Wii users would mean that the list would almost certainly be dominated by Nintendo games.

im always against everything. so no approval.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I approve of being approved of my approval.

Now we need a few more approvals and a seal, and we're good to go.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.