By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: No one would want Move when they have Wii

Good work from Reggie, im a little late to this party I know.

Tease.

Around the Network

Vanbierk said:
pizzahut451 said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:
pizzahut451 said:
what if someone wants to play with motion controlls in HD?

They can go drop an additional $400+ on a PS3 w/2 Moves (you need two get the what the Wii+Nunchuck does out of the box) so that they can play Sony Sports Resort and Move Party rather than Wii Sports Resort and Imagine Baby Partyz... because they are radically different

I can see the ultra hardcore who must own everything doing this but I can't see the typical Wii owner making that transition.

So they WOULD GET PS MOVE. So Sonys tactics works!!!!!!

You have absolutely no idea if it will or will not be included for much cheaper than that, sir...so don't speculate pricing on a bundle of the Ps3+MOVE together...just because an external kit is more expensive when added together, doesn't mean they won't offer a bundle of Ps3+Move set for 50 bucks less or even more off depending on if they think of something before launch.

I don't know man.  Your thing is based off of speculation and mine is based off of what Sony said from their own mouths.

pizzahut451 said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:
pizzahut451 said:

They can go drop an additional $400+ on a PS3 w/2 Moves (you need two get the what the Wii+Nunchuck does out of the box) so that they can play Sony Sports Resort and Move Party rather than Wii Sports Resort and Imagine Baby Partyz... because they are radically different 

I can see the ultra hardcore who must own everything doing this but I can't see the typical Wii owner making that transition.

So they WOULD GET PS MOVE. So Sonys tactics works!!!!!!

If the goal is to get a super minority of Wii owners who probably already own a PS3 to buy the Move, then yes: mission accomplished!

Mr. sickVisionz said:

Vanbierk said:
pizzahut451 said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:
pizzahut451 said:

So they WOULD GET PS MOVE. So Sonys tactics works!!!!!!

You have absolutely no idea if it will or will not be included for much cheaper than that, sir...so don't speculate pricing on a bundle of the Ps3+MOVE together...just because an external kit is more expensive when added together, doesn't mean they won't offer a bundle of Ps3+Move set for 50 bucks less or even more off depending on if they think of something before launch.

I don't know man.  Your thing is based off of speculation and mine is based off of what Sony said from their own mouths.

pizzahut451 said:
Mr. sickVisionz said:
pizzahut451 said:

So they WOULD GET PS MOVE. So Sonys tactics works!!!!!!

If the goal is to get a super minority of Wii owners who probably already own a PS3 to buy the Move, then yes: mission accomplished!

How do you know how much is MOVE gonna cost?

I think he totally right , i will not spend 400 to play a Wii sports rip-off (yes i sad rip-off)in HD (note i even have HD TV cuz its too expansive ^~) if i want a HD experience i gonna play crysis on my pc ...

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Raze said:

I think Reggie is on point in that the current Wii userbase will not go get a PS3 with or without Move. The Sony motion controls will only enhance the current userbase's experience

Point !

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network

if it had the same games then they don't need it.
if it had different games then they might want it.
simple logic and common sense sometimes people lose.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Current PS3 owners might adopt it.

As for Wii owners I don't think they're willing to pay $400+ to have the same experiences they had since 2006 but in HD.

As Nintendo said, HD alone is not a selling point and looking at sales charts for this gen's consoles I believe they're right.

In my case he's right to an extent. However as a Wii owner, I'm certainly interested in the Natal and Move.

It's just going to depend on the price, games, and how well they perform.

From what I have seen of Industry Gamers, the website appears to have an anti-Wii bias.
So for Reggie to actually do an interview with them says much more about him and Nintendo willing to talk about itself to anyone than the interpretation of the interview.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

This is a little weird.. the Move is not released yet.. neither is its full line-up shown.. and so far it has shown more hardcore games then Wii had in its first year.. (SOCOM, Siren, the game with the flashlight and so on)

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.