By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 sold out amid God of War III release

Sony Corp.’s Playstation 3 held a sold out status at major retailers this week amid the launch of action title God of War III.

On Tues., the PS3 120GB SKU held a backordered status at GameStop.com. In addition, the PS3 250GB SKU was not available for purchase.

The PS3 120GB and PS3 250GB held a sold out status at Amazon.com Tues.

Finally, BestBuy.com held a sold out status on both the PS3 120GB and 250GB SKU.

God of War III, released Mar. 16, is sold in a standard edition and Ultimate Edition.

The Ultimate Edition includes a copy of God of War III, sculpted replica of Pandora’s Box, God of War Art Book, Documentary, Trilogy Soundtrack, Blood and Metal EP, and exclusive download content.

NPD Group Inc. this week said the PS3 sold 360,100 units in Feb. U.S. sales.

The PS3 has sold 33.5 million units to date worldwide.

Source: http://news.punchjump.com/blog/2010/03/16/ps3-sold-out-amid-god-of-war-iii-release/

Around the Network

Sony really needs to fix their US Supply issues.
It is still sold out in most major metro areas and they are getting little new stock.
Sony must fix this lest they wish to continue digging their own grave.

I bet they could have sold at least 50% more if there was not a supply issue in the US.

^^^true

Damn it Sony! Demand demand demand! Keep up.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

rafichamp said:

Sony Corp.’s Playstation 3 held a sold out status at major retailers this week amid the launch of action title God of War III.

On Tues., the PS3 120GB SKU held a backordered status at GameStop.com. In addition, the PS3 250GB SKU was not available for purchase.

The PS3 120GB and PS3 250GB held a sold out status at Amazon.com Tues.

Finally, BestBuy.com held a sold out status on both the PS3 120GB and 250GB SKU.

God of War III, released Mar. 16, is sold in a standard edition and Ultimate Edition.

The Ultimate Edition includes a copy of God of War III, sculpted replica of Pandora’s Box, God of War Art Book, Documentary, Trilogy Soundtrack, Blood and Metal EP, and exclusive download content.

NPD Group Inc. this week said the PS3 sold 360,100 units in Feb. U.S. sales.

The PS3 has sold 33.5 million units to date worldwide.

Source: http://news.punchjump.com/blog/2010/03/16/ps3-sold-out-amid-god-of-war-iii-release/

PS3 undertracked by almost half a million on VGchartz?  The numbers aren't shipped numbers so it seems so.

Around the Network

same here online in the uk.

Yeah, the US and UK supply issues need to be remedied ASAP...this is getting worse and worse.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I managed to get one just a day before GoW3 released I now own Heavy Rain and GoW3 and couldn't be happier!

sony are fail.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I think they're liquidating the stock right now because they want the last of the fatties to get sold off. And I think they are wanting to get people used to ordering them online through them so as to make more profit off each unit sold. Now is a great time to own 3 or 4 systems 2 of which are still in box. EBAY Here I come