By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why didn't they make Call of Duty 4 Wii???

grandmaster192 said:
The Wii is not the PS2, people. It's not going to get every fuckin' game. If you want more games, buy another console. It's that simple, really.

Harshly stated, but generally I agree.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
Harvey Birdman said:
Well maybe the user base isn't old enough to buy the game. j/k

LOL good one

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

supermariogalaxy said:
Oh OK...Thanks everyone!!!!! Well be honest, if they did make a CoD4 Wii, AND PUT A LOT OF WORK INTO IT, would it be good???

And I'm not talking about OK, I'm talking about MOHH2 and Metroid Prime 3 gameplay kind of good..

Any FPS could if you put that much work into it... but why bother?  I mean they already put all sorts of hard work on the 360/PS3 versions.  You can only put so much work and so much money into a project.

Publishers are out to make money... not be fair to each console.  Considering the data available when they started development (and dare I say... possibly even now.) the 360 was the obvious choice.

It's another case of the developer missing the Wii boat. In the future we'll see the Wii gobble up most titles, but don't expect to see too many western developed games stray from the 360.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
It's another case of the developer missing the Wii boat. In the future we'll see the Wii gobble up most titles, but don't expect to see too many western developed games stray from the 360.

Microsoft has a good track record for treating good developers with courtesy and support so I'd agree with this.

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
The Wii is not the PS2, people. It's not going to get every fuckin' game. If you want more games, buy another console. It's that simple, really.

Are you going to post this on threads about Bioshock on the PS3, and MGS4 on the 360? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

bored of war games anyway

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Why didn't they make CoD4 for PS2?

Girl Gamer Elite said:

You took your avatar from the Chugworth's Jade Raymond comic? Damn that's harsh. I mean he pretty much mocked Jade Raymond for promoting her game. Something that every producer of a major title does on a regular basis. Its not like she was parading around half naked while doing it. If she were I could understand his criticisim. I don't recall him taking shots at Miyamoto, Kojima, Itagaki, or Cliffy B for promoting their titles. He basically picked on her solely because she was a woman game producer. 

BTW Sorry for going off topic, the Chugworth comic annoyed me and was well tasteless. Its not like Jade Raymond was running around in low cut bra bearing shirts like Stevie Case was famous for donning will "promoting" games she was involved with.

The gap between different versions would have been monstrous. Infinity probably only wants to work on the highest tech, COD 4 was not IW hence why it was so crappy.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!