By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why didn't they make Call of Duty 4 Wii???

BengaBenga said:

This game is meant as an a graphical achievement on its own. Of course they won't bring it to Wii. Just accept that some games are just not meant to be on Wii.

Is that why they made a version for the graphical powerhouse known as Nintendo DS?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

The DS has great graphics for a handheld.

grandmaster192 said:
The DS has great graphics for a handheld.

How do you figure that?  There's only 2 handhelds and the DS is far below specwise compared to the PSP.  So by great graphics you mean worse than the competitor and worst of the current handheld gen?

The best version of CoD4 is PC anyway, FPS games suck on consoles IMO. PC still has the best graphics if you have a good set up and the FPS controls are 1000x better on PC with a mouse and keyboard. Not to mention that multiplayer is still the best on PC as well, less lag and more simultaneously players. Also, there are WAY too many FPS games being released lately and the game companies need to release other types of games. Where are all the RPGs??? I own a 360, Wii and badass PC. I play PC most, Wii second most and hardly touch my 360 (aka FPS360).

If it makes you feel any better, the PC version is far superior to any other.

Edit: What soldarii said.

PC version is always superior in the FPS/RTS/Strategy/MMO/Simulation/Online in general arena, and our version of Mass Effect is coming a year later with lots more content, just like Gears.  

I will disagree with his stance on the 360, though. Dead Rising, Forza 2, Crackdown, and soon GTA4 are a lot of fun. With DX10 hardware becoming more affordable and more people upgrading because of the huge technological jump (complex calculation, see also: Crysis), the FPS battle is one the 360 can't win.  

The joy of a console is that its controls usually allow for games PCs can't do well (racing, Dead Rising/GTA style games). Why go into a genre that the PC does and does better?

Around the Network

The Wii is an awesome console, and home to a some of the best games we will see this generation.....but if you own JUST A Wii, I seriously pity you. Some games simply should not be made for the system.

Plus, with COD4's emphasis on online play, the Wii just isn't the way to go.

Well maybe the user base isn't old enough to buy the game. j/k

I'll take the case!!!

Bodhesatva said:

I tend to agree that this wasn't necessary.

We'll see how MoH does on the Wii, but generally speaking, Nintendo platforms have not been a breeding ground for highly competitive FPS. Conversely, the PS3 and especially 360 have been very fertile ground for such games.

The Wii's runaway success does create complications: specific types of games are becoming associated with it, and developers reasonably conclude that games outside of those types will not succeed (this isn't different than the 360's position: look at Viva Pinata and Eternal Sonata. Games that don't involve a lot of testosterone aren't doing well). I wouldn't say it's impossible that something like CoD4 would succeed on the Wii, but I'd certainly say it would be a high risk venture.

If you want this put simply: Nintendo's family friendly marketing strategy certainly has its benefits, but it's also effectively anti-marketing games like CoD4. You could seriously make an argument that the heavy penetration of games like Wii Sports -- and the fact that Nintendo trumpets the significance of such games -- has a directly adverse affect on the prospects of games like CoD4 on the Wii.  

Don't know why.  It's not exactly mouse and keyboard, but if their was cross sytem play the a well executed Wii mote FPS will beat dual stick pretty handily.

As for CoD4, i'd assume they just didn't want to put the money to it.  Better to focus on a couple versions and make them great then make a different game for every system.  CoD3 was made by a different developer.

"How do you figure that? There's only 2 handhelds and the DS is far below specwise compared to the PSP. So by great graphics you mean worse than the competitor and worst of the current handheld gen?

Unlike what some people want to believe, the PSP does not have console level graphics. From the games I have played, the PSP's graphics good, but not amazing. Take a look at Megaman X, for example. The game barley looks better than New! Super Mario Bros. Sure, it's better looking. However, it's not by a wide margin. New! Super Mario Bros. still looks great.

Oh OK...Thanks everyone!!!!! Well be honest, if they did make a CoD4 Wii, AND PUT A LOT OF WORK INTO IT, would it be good???

And I'm not talking about OK, I'm talking about MOHH2 and Metroid Prime 3 gameplay kind of good..