By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs Forza 3 Sceenshot Comparison... Can You Tell The Diffrence?

TomasPL said:

it would be nice to mention that GT5 pictures shows only premium cars.

standard cars(830 cars out of 1000cars) were ported from GT4 and GT3 and won't have damage nor cockpit view. plus since only thing that diferentials GT5 versions from GT4/GT3 ones will be textures it's safe to say that they will be noticable worse looking cars than Forza 3 ones.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247p4.html

Look in the standard cars part. It's completely false to say Standard cars won't have damage, they just won't have panel dislocation. Mechanical/performance damage will be similar to Premium cars and visible damage is limited to scratches and dents. 

As for cockpit view, neither PD or Kazunori Yamauchi has neither confirmed or dismissed this. The only confirmation we have so far is that there won't be interior views for the Standard cars, like the interior views in replays for premium cars. This can also mean no cockpit view for Standard cars, but until official confirmation, everything else is speculation.

And as for standard cars being simply ported and upgraded texture versions of GT4, well in here http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247.html there's a video showing the quality of GT5 standard cars. which clearly shows that they are more than just ported cars. Also, ISR had good things to say about the quality of all the cars in the game, not just the premium ones (they were mind-blown by the quality of Premium cars though, some of the best car models they called them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdH8tFpkKYA

So, before you go and claim the things you're claming, you best look at the evidence that GT5 has shown so far

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
TomasPL said:

it would be nice to mention that GT5 pictures shows only premium cars.

standard cars(830 cars out of 1000cars) were ported from GT4 and GT3 and won't have damage nor cockpit view. plus since only thing that diferentials GT5 versions from GT4/GT3 ones will be textures it's safe to say that they will be noticable worse looking cars than Forza 3 ones.

When game makers make models, they don't make them to the spec of the machine at the start, they make them with ridiculously high detail then start lowering them down according to system specs, and if they modeled them correctly in high details the first time and current gen HD consoles can't max the high detail models out yet, then they can safely use them again since car models are mechanically static and not dynamic like biological creatures. It's quiet clear that in your head, you are thinking that they are upping the car details from GT4 or 3, but in reality, they are still being scaled down to PS3 level, so no, there will not be cars that are noticeably worse than FM3.

This isnt really fair as it's a game in progress. But witnessing this in realtime as you physically get stuck in the car was said by the people that tried it a love affair letter to Ferrari.

selnor said:

This isnt really fair as it's a game in progress. But witnessing this in realtime as you physically get stuck in the car was said by the people that tried it a love affair letter to Ferrari.

uh, that's more like an interactive movie dood.

dahuman said:
selnor said:

Yeah , look at the drawing distance . I doubt most top end gaming PC could handle that.

Around the Network
Smidlee said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:

Yeah , look at the drawing distance . I doubt most top end gaming PC could handle that.

Importantly though. It's all interactive in realtime, 3d movement. Even if the gameplay is 2/3rds of this. It's gonna be amazing.

selnor said:
Smidlee said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:

Importantly though. It's all interactive in realtime, 3d movement. Even if the gameplay is 2/3rds of this. It's gonna be amazing.

no dood, videos, like the shit you have on PC, or with flash player, they are just videos, there is no actual realtime 3D rendering, do you understand me yet?

dahuman said:
selnor said:
Smidlee said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:

no dood, videos, like the shit you have on PC, or with flash player, they are just videos, there is no actual realtime 3D rendering, do you understand me yet?

Really? So the ever so slight polygons that you can see make it not realtime?

Of course it makes it easier to say it's not realtime I guess. We are on VGC after all.

Ha!!!  You are trying to trick us.  Those screenshots are not from GT5 or Forza 3.  They're actually from Pole Position and Enduro. 

I'm trying to figure out which is which.  Enduro has more fog.  I do know that much...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

dahuman said:
selnor said:
Smidlee said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:

actually all of Forza 4 footage was ingame - it was reported on Turn 10 official page besides dude demoing the game clearly "played it".

Forza 3 final version

Forza 4 alpha/pre-alpha stage