By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Soul Calibur Legends Review Thread

The usually brilliant Soul Calibur series has made its appearance on Wii in the form of a spin-off adventure game, but, unfortunately for Nintendo fans, word is it's not up to scratch.

The latest issue of Nintendo Power, the official Nintendo Magazine in the US, has published the first review for the game - a small, easily missed column at the back of the reviews section - with a score of just 6.5 out of 10. Oh dear.

The review says: "It's too bad that the game feels like it would have worked better as a side mode that as a fill game (think Devil Within from Tekken 5)."

It continues: "Worse, fighting the same bad guys in the same levels over and over again just makes the whole experience feel tedious and can become physically fatiguing after repeatedly wagging the Wii Remote."

Not the most in-depth review, but that not what fans of the fighting series would have liked from the first review of Namco's Wii effort.

This really is a shame, I was hoping it would turn out better than that though you could pretty much see it coming down the line.

Nintendo Power: 6.5 / 10
1-UP: 6 / 10
Game Informer: 4 / 10

Around the Network

nothing new, we all were expecting it to suxx

to bad it didnt turn out to well,but this is only one review so far and its not that good

+1 for Ari_Gold

Wii need SC4, not a poor spin-off ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

More importantly, this is Nintendo Power reviewing a Wii exclusive, and they gave it a 6.5

NP also gave Superman 64 a 6.5

Not a good sign...

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

wow.... this game had so much potential! there goes my dream of it being

#1 on gamerankings.com

lol kidding

God From the Machine

I don't get why they keep making all these hack and slash games. Almost none of them are fun past the first hour.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

libellule said:
+1 for Ari_Gold

Wii need SC4, not a poor spin-off ...

the thing is though when they were making the game they probably didnt know how to make a fighting game for wii and just skipped it,probably didnt think about the classic controler,but these are just my two cents

Chadius said:
More importantly, this is Nintendo Power reviewing a Wii exclusive, and they gave it a 6.5

NP also gave Superman 64 a 6.5

Not a good sign...

yeah but that was before now its different i could say they also gave mlb power pros a 6.5,which avereges 83