By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFXIII Sales: XBOX360 vs PS3

FFXIII Sales: XBOX360 vs PS3

Total:0

So, i seem to vaguely remember someone (microsoft i think) claiming that the xbox360 will out sell the ps3 version worldwide. So, has this claim come to pass or are they eating crow?

Edit: here's an article from gamespot uk. check the bottom

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasy13/news.html?sid=6206496 

Big three weigh in on February sales

Nintendo and Sony tout recession resistance; Microsoft unconcerned with Street Fighter IV sales breakdown, expects 360 Final Fantasy XIII to outsell PS3 edition.

Earlier today, GameSpot reported on the lessons that analysts gleaned from February's NPD sales figures. Now the big three console makers are contributing their own interpretations of the data. Nintendo and Sony in particular fell in lockstep with analysts, who noted the industry's ongoing sales strengths despite the economic downturn.

"During tough economic times, people tend to stay home, taking 'staycations,'" a Nintendo representative told GameSpot, suggesting how the economy is playing to the company's strengths. "They enjoy experiences that everyone in the family can do together. Wii and Nintendo DS continue to offer the best video game experiences at the most affordable prices. We are seeing significant consumer response to our value proposition."

A Sony representative echoed that sentiment, noting, "If you take a look at the video game category, it tends to be resilient to economic changes. I think we're seeing very similar resilience in our internal data as well."

Sony senior vice president of marketing Peter Dille also released a statement regarding the numbers, hailing PS3 exclusive Killzone 2 for its fifth-place sales finish for the month, despite being released just two days before the end of the reporting period.

"We have no doubt this game will deliver a next-gen experience and will be responsible for driving hardware sales throughout the year," Dille said.

As for nonexclusives, a Microsoft representative commented on sales of Capcom's Street Fighter IV, which sold only marginally better on the Xbox 360 than the PS3 (446,000 sold compared to 403,000 sold).

"We're happy with the performance of Street Fighter IV on Xbox 360," the representative said. "It follows in the steps of franchises like Grand Theft Auto and Madden NFL which have historically been associated with PlayStation, that are now selling better on our platform."

The representative added that Microsoft expects entries in other formerly Sony-exclusive series such as Resident Evil 5 and Final Fantasy XIII to also sell better on the Xbox 360 than the PS3.

Around the Network

JAPAN:

PS3: 1.9 MILLION

360: 0 MILLION

mM
leo-j said:
JAPAN:

PS3: 1.9 MILLION

360: 0 MILLION

I C Wut U did there

What's with the obsession everyone on this site has had with comparing FFXIII numbers on both consoles and saying the other side should eat crow? I mean this goes for both sides I just don't see the obsession over comparing the numbers for this particular game.

OT: No way the 360 version will outsell the PS3 version. PS3 will outsell it by a very large margin.

BenVTrigger said:
What's with the obsession everyone on this site has had with comparing FFXIII numbers on both consoles and saying the other side should eat crow? I mean this goes for both sides I just don't see the obsession over comparing the numbers for this particular game.

OT: No way the 360 version will outsell the PS3 version. PS3 will outsell it by a very large margin.

It already has.  

Around the Network

PS3 already won
See japan sales for both

Please provide a link where MS stated that the 360 version would outsell the PS3 worldwide (without a Japan release). Simply posting "microsoft...I think" just starts shit. If they did actually state it, it is well deserving of a "insert face palm pic here" type of moment.

However, all camps are deserving of plenty of "eat crow" moments considering what this generation has produced. The fact that we are talking about Final Fantasy WW sales on a 2nd place Microsoft console is enough for most peoples heads to explode.

BenVTrigger said:

not an obsession, i just remembered someone claimed that the xbox360 will outsell the ps3 version worldwide. if im not mistaken, it was someone from microsoft. can't remember who. i even remember reading it here in vgc. i'm also not sure if its worldwide, or ww less japan or us only.

Who really cares honestly

TheTruthHurts! said:
Please provide a link where MS stated that the 360 version would outsell the PS3 worldwide (without a Japan release). Simply posting "microsoft...I think" just starts shit. If they did actually state it, it is well deserving of a "insert face palm pic here" type of moment.

However, all camps are deserving of plenty of "eat crow" moments considering what this generation has produced. The fact that we are talking about Final Fantasy WW sales on a 2nd place Microsoft console is enough for most peoples heads to explode.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-final-fantasy-xiii-will-sell-more-on-360

Microsoft: Final Fantasy XIII will sell more on 360

By , 22 March 2009 - 22:06  16 comments

Despite having been a PlayStation exclusive (barring Final Fantasy XI) for the past 12 years, Microsoft are certain that when Final Fantasy XIII finally goes on sale, the 360 version will be the more popular version.

Commenting shortly after NPD figures for February were made available, a Microsoft spokesperson said that they expected releases of other Sony associated titles, such as Resident Evil 5 and Final Fantasy XIII, to sell better on the Xbox 360. A somewhat bold statement considering that XIII is to remain a PlayStation 3 exclusive in Japan, where the series is most popular.

"We're happy with the performance of Street Fighter IV on Xbox 360. It follows in the steps of franchises like Grand Theft Auto and Madden NFL which have historically been associated with PlayStation, that are now selling better on our platform," the representative added.

Street Fighter IV sales marginally favoured the Xbox 360 platform in February. Although this was expected due to the difference in install base numbers across the United States, the subsequent gap was a lot smaller than has been seen in previous multi-platform offerings.

Due for release later this year in Japan, Final Fantasy XIII is expected to hit shelves across North America and Europe in 2010.