By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - i dont want to become a hateboy save me please

twesterm said:
tombi123 said:
Ok, you can choose to ignore it if you find it difficult to read or frustrating, but don't take the piss out of people because their English is bad. Some people aren't good at Maths, some people aren't good at History and some people aren't good at English. This is the internet not an examination.

True, but you generally want to be able to get your point accross.  You don't have to be as formal as Words of Wisdom (though that would be awesome if everyone was-- myself included) but you actually have to try to at least make your post readable.

Lets take your post for example.  There are several errors which bother me and I can only hope are on purpose to bait me but your post is overall readable so I don't have enough of a problem to complain.  I'm sure if you would have had a few more flagrant spelling and grammatical errors or if you had a few more lines of text with no line breaks I would breaks I would be angry but all in al your post is acceptable. 

plz keep it for yourself if u are bothered, i mean i don"t say i bother me about your behavour in correcting grammer .... ow wait now i do...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
My mistakes were accidental. I find it astonishing that you find my post only just acceptable.

Believe me, I think your post is pretty pathetic but by acceptable I mean it's not bad enough to make me say anything.

kirby007 said:

plz keep it for yourself if u are bothered, i mean i don"t say i bother me about your behavour in correcting grammer .... ow wait now i do...

This is a perfect example of an abhorrent post.

Words Of Wisdom said:
kopboi said:
I am not a fanboy I have a 360 but i like what the wii has done (change the gaming world).My mummy would play the wii but she would not play 360.She would play wii sport not gear wars. Anywho i dnt like how some people are treating the wii like the second coming you know it not that great. However when it come ps3 i have noting but pure HATE for it.I only got hate for playstation 3 cause all my miate at school started to bad mouth the wii sayin ooo the look how beautiful graphic and look how crap the wii is. Then they would cus the 360 saying errrrrrrrr red ring red ring.SO I HIT BACK. i always tell them how much ps3 sales a week . I bring up lair (hahhahahahah review from edge 3/10 hahahhahaa) and other stuuf. But now, i want to change i want to become a purist no matter how long it takes a few second a minutes a few years it shall be done so pleasemy brothers help me help me. i opne advice from all three of consal generation 360 wii ps3 . Sorter like the avatar yh. kopboi aka avatar quest to become purist out november 20th rating still pending.i am young and i want you peeps in vg chart to be my sensai i believe i am ready.

With a little bit of time and effort, something like this can become something better.

Hello everyone, I need your help.

First off I do not consider myself a fanboy of any console. I own an Xbox 360 and have a great deal of respect for what the Wii has done. In fact, I'm impressed that my mother is willing to play the Wii unlike the Xbox 360. Games like Wii Sports are far more appealing to her than games like Gears of War.

Anyway, I don't like the fact that some folks are treating the Wii as though it were the be all/end all of consoles. It is great, but it is not perfect. While I dislike sentiment, I have a much stronger disliking for the Playstation 3. The reason is that most of the folks at my school insult the Wii and brag about the various strong points of the Playstation 3 such as its graphical power.

This is where the problem occurs as I always counter their points. I point out various factors such as poor weekly sales, poor game reviews such as Lair which received a 3 out of 10 from Edge, and other aspects which counter their claims.

However, I would like to get away from such behavior. I do not wish to further sink to the level that those I know have. I would very much appreciate help from the vgChartz community in attaining this goal.

Thank you for your time!

Now that wasn't so hard.

That was a beautiful translation, thank you for that.

Back on topic:

As far as problems like this "hateboy" thing, the best answer is exposure. You talk about hating the PS3 with a passion, well go and hang out with someone who has one and play some of the games with them. That's really the best way to get over the whole console warrior thing.

I finally got Mario Galaxy and RE:UC this weekend, been having a pretty much non-stop party since this is a vacation break for us. Instead of me playing it, I handed the controls over to my friend's little brother (he's about 21) who HATE HATE HATE HATE HATES the Wii. Everyone else swapped playing costar.

We broke up today and are going to start back up Wednesday, he's about 55 stars in. There's still a couple people messin around, playing various games, but the bulk of the people have left till Wednesday. He told the 2 guys playing (Halo coop and some RE:UC) essentially if they beat the game without him there he would break both of their necks

Anecdote, when he first got to the level select area he was bagging on the music, but walking by the bathroom (it's on the way to my bedroom) he was whistling the tune behind closed doors.

He doesn't hate the Wii anymore, by the way.

The thing is every system has games like this. Mario Galaxy is an extreme case because, seriously, wow is it incredible, and anyone who says otherwise either hasn't played it or has no soul. The PS3 has Motorstorm, which I really love playing (only PS3 game I've played, but I'm sure there are others equally as great), 360 has a lot of games, even if you're not an FPS fan (Dead Rising, Forza 2, Crackdown).

Also, keep in mind the first year of any console generally has a horrible selection of games. Lair was a growing pain, a high profile game that crashed and burned, not the first and not the last. This time last year the 360 had a really underwhelming selection of games besides Dead Rising and Gears of War. In fact, it wasn't really until these last couple months that the 360 library started to really bulk up on really good games.

famousringo said:
Good. I can feeeeel your anger.

Now use it.

twesterm said:
tombi123 said:
My mistakes were accidental. I find it astonishing that you find my post only just acceptable.

Believe me, I think your post is pretty pathetic but by acceptable I mean it's not bad enough to make me say anything.

kirby007 said:

This is a perfect example of an abhorrent post.

tell me why

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Meditate on the design structure of Super Metroid and then compare that to Super Mario 64. After that all will be crystal clear.

OMG that i didn't think of that

Understand that in this generation no console will obliterate the other two .Even if the Wii was the best sold it wont be called the "greatest " due to its technical limitations and developers will stick to PS3-PC-360 developments for their bid budget games .The X360 cant wipe out the PS3 as it does crap in Europe and Japan and for some 20% more in cost the developers can bring out a PS3 version and sell some addittional hundreds of thousands units .And the PS3 cant wipe out the 360 as it is much behind in NA and Microsoft is churning out massive amounts of money to secure exclusives (even temporal ones ) and wont let its machine to die for that reason .

So with the three machines here to stay you should maybe learn to know each and its strong and weak points and love every one of them .As your "hated " console is the PS3 right now maybe you should look at its free online service ,Home community ,games as Uncharted ,Ratchet and upcomings as Little Big Planet and MGSIV and FFXIII to get some taste of its exclusive lineup and personality of the system.Also the multiplattform games on it bring some money to developers to help them create the follow ups to those games that you may be loving on your 360 right now so its actively helping those developers and giving a userbase for those to bring games on as well as your machine .Also ,many PS3 games are susceptible to be released later on the 360 as Virtua Fighter 5 ,others as Bladestorm were announced for PS3 and later ported to X360 .So ,not being so different machines after all and existing a possibility to port games from one to the other it isnt such a threat .

kopboi said:
a little help please some1 anyone

Ask leo-j

and do the opposide of what he says