By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF fans probably the best fans in the world

First of all, I want to say that I am a FF myself, fell in love with the game back in 1990 with FF 1 on the NES, played and loved all of them expect for FF 3 & 11 (didn't play both). I don't know if it's this site that has a lot of FF fans but during the week FF XIII was released, the majority of the threads have been about the game and they all got a quite numbers of "posts". Beside Halo 3, I don't remember a game having so much thread about it on its release week on this site.

I have been going to this site for the past 2 years and FF fans are not shy at all to show their loves for the game. Even with all those bad reviews (I think this is the FF that has had the worst reviews), the fans still didn't care and would still bought the game day one. And one thing I am pretty sure about, when those fans were buying their PS3, one of their main reason was for FF XIII (that is my reason for buying a PS3 too, although I am enjoying a lot of other games on the system)

So to all FF fans, you guys are probably one of the greastest fans in the world, because bad reviews didn't stop you from playing the games. I am pretty sure even if well known reviewers had talked trash about the game, you would still buy it day one.

Around the Network

Well I agree. Real fans buy good games regardless of reviews. Though where does it cross the line when a fan is a fanatic and will insist that a bad game is good, because it has popular name? Secondly fans don't need to buy it day one, that's a sign of fanatic :P

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

we would be if we weren't contstantly bickering amongst each other over which game is the best, which we've been doing for more than a decade

I think Pokemon Fans are the best! The hardcore ones scare me, because the attention to detail of each pokemon they have.

(I'm somewhat of Final Fantasy fan, but those days might be over due to Square Enix and some of decisions they made over the years).....(given I spend so much money on Square Enix....)