By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Super Mario Bros Wii 2 Download it soon :)

Hephaestos said:
are you guys serious?

of course there is copyrighted material, all the sprites for one, the engine, the name Wii, the name Mario, super mario, super mario bros, super mario bros wii.

The only thing that will not be copyrighted in his game is the design of the levels.

You guys also think you can take a movie and reedit it then distribute it for free and there is no copyright? this is the same thing, it's illegal.

Now I would applaud this if it were a mario 64 2 or something... but a current gen game, no.

Are you serious? All that will be distributed is original code that will rearrange elements of your NSMBW disc. Completely legal, just like the Mother 3 translation.

Continue speculating.

Around the Network
impu2ity said:
Hephaestos said:

Are you serious? All that will be distributed is original code that will rearrange elements of your NSMBW disc. Completely legal, just like the Mother 3 translation.

Continue speculating.

of your NSMBW rom...not disc. This is not a game genie.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

No thanks

Hephaestos said:
impu2ity said:
Hephaestos said:

Continue speculating.

of your NSMBW rom...not disc. This is not a game genie.

Like I said, completely legal.

Hephaestos said:
are you guys serious?

of course there is copyrighted material, all the sprites for one, the engine, the name Wii, the name Mario, super mario, super mario bros, super mario bros wii.

The only thing that will not be copyrighted in his game is the design of the levels.

You guys also think you can take a movie and reedit it then distribute it for free and there is no copyright? this is the same thing, it's illegal.

Now I would applaud this if it were a mario 64 2 or something... but a current gen game, no.

Correct although I admire what the person has done here this post is actually on the right track when it comes to copyrights.

Around the Network

Its kinda cool.

guiduc said:
Where can I download it?

how about the day till never? lol

Siko1989 said:
guiduc said:
Where can I download it?

how about the day till never? lol

so not nice...

I wonder if he made an LBP levels.

Hephaestos said:
are you guys serious?

What if it's a patch containing only the new level designs and the code to insert them? The user could use their legal NSMB disc with that, and the distributor isn't doing anything illegal.

(Unless they circumvented DRM, which is why I hate the DMCA/ACTA so much).