By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation Move Thread

FF_Fanatic said:
WilliamWatts said:

^ Yah right magazine, real games, real controller, preaching to the choir, impotent and very silly you can take your pick.

lol so why u in here then, jealous much??

Huh, no I just saw it in hot topics and I wondered if any good Move information had been recently revealed so I jumped to the last page and saw that. That was pretty lame, so I called it for the lame that it was.

Around the Network
WilliamWatts said:
FF_Fanatic said:
WilliamWatts said:

^ Yah right magazine, real games, real controller, preaching to the choir, impotent and very silly you can take your pick.

Huh, no I just saw it in hot topics and I wondered if any good Move information had been recently revealed so I jumped to the last page and saw that. That was pretty lame, so I called it for the lame that it was.

lol move would be lame to you no matter what it did, i already lookd at your history....

FF_Fanatic said:
WilliamWatts said:
FF_Fanatic said:
WilliamWatts said:

lol move would be lame to you no matter what it did, i already lookd at your history....

Move isn't lame. That magazine article was.

so what do you think to that, that is amazing in my view

We love games that involve shadows. But no one on team Kotaku was buzzing about Echochrome ii. Then I saw it yesterday running on a PS3, controlled by the wand-like Move controller. And now I can't shut up about it.

Watch the video. You will like it.

How the game works: The little Echochrome man walks automatically across whatever shadows your controller-directed light source has projected onto the wall. The shadows, as you can see, are of the objects that float in the game's foreground. The little man will hopefully stride toward a goal and not a fatal plummet, if you have lined things up well. He either stands idle or he starts walking, testing the layout of your course. All you can do is let him walk or make him stop; otherwise you have no control over him, just of the shape of his terrain.

The level in the video I shot looks complex at first, but is simpler once you lock the snake-shaped shadow. He has to walk up and down its body and, I assume — I didn't finish it — he's home free. In another level I watched someone play, the shadow that was cast was essentially a horizontal beam. It was dotted with a few shadows from some spheres that displayed as bumps on that beam. When the little man walked onto a bump, he bounced into the air. You can imagine how that would help him jump to new shadow-beams in more complex levels.

The art of playing the game appears to be the act of casting the right shadows and creating the best path. I don't know how complicated things will get, but your eyes can convince you better than I can that this game is at the very least a lovely visual magic trick.

Echochrome ii is set for release as a downloadable game on the PS3 later this year.

Source

well to me it looks really cool, I love games that require using your brain lol

Around the Network

lol at lucas arts they will never be able to do this on kinect. come on lucas give us a move star wars game.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

The Future of PlayStation Move

July 24th, 2010

During E3 2010, Digital Foundry had the chance to sit down and talk in-depth with Dr Richard Marks, one of the creative minds behind EyeToy and the new PlayStation Move. It was a great opportunity to learn more about Move and the creation process behind the project, and the conversation left us hugely enthused about the potential of the new controller.

This week Marks was in the UK to talk in more depth about PlayStation Move and to showcase some of the superb technical demos his team has created. These demonstrations are used by Sony itself to give game-makers some idea of the sheer diversity and flexibility of the new controller - and it's fair to say that the scale and scope of what we saw here far eclipses anything we have seen in any of the launch titles.

Thanks to a superb assist from Eurogamer TV, we're able to bring you Richard Marks' entire presentation, complete with direct feed video of the demos in action. Put simply, this is brilliant stuff.

First impressions of Move - especially from the initial GDC showing - revealed a gameplay experience not a million miles away from what you see on Wii: with a range mostly consisting of fun, bite-sized, mini-game style titles, designed to appeal to a certain type of audience. Titles like Move: Start the Party, Sports Champions and TV Superstar are clearly targeted at the same sort of audience that has lapped up the Wii style of gaming.

But what Richard Marks' presentation shows is that clearly, obviously, Move offers so much more - and the games we've seen to date only hint at the potential. Sure, the utilisation of PlayStation Eye does make its way into the launch titles, working best in Move: Start the Party. Here, the 60FPS camera feed is used in-game, with 3D rendered objects convincingly added into the video in a technique Sony calls "augmented reality" - a unique selling point in the battle of the motion controllers.

But in terms of the gameplay experience itself in these launch titles, the ultra-precision of Move isn't really a major factor in how these games actually play. What Marks' presentation focuses on is how that precision can be factored directly into producing control systems and gameplay we've never experienced before, and how PlayStation Move is capable of things that neither Wii nor Kinect are physically able to replicate.

The tech is there, the libraries are there, the broad concepts are there and the raw potential shown in these demos is startling. The question remains whether the will is there amongst developers and publishers to create Move-exclusive titles that fully utilise the outstanding potential of the technology...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-future-of-playstation-move-article

click on the link because there is some awesome footage of more object modelling and painting and lego building lol, ps move gets better the more i see it lol!!

I've been reading & seeing awesome things from MOVE lately

Thankx 4 keeping the threads alive "FF_Fanatic"

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

PS Move is like $100K surgery simulator

Real life surgeons very impressed by Sony's motion control technology.

So accurate is the tracking of Sony's PlayStation Move motion controller that surgeons have likened the technology to $100,000 simulators used to carry out laparoscopic surgery.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com at a PS Move technology showcase last week, Sony's senior researcher Richard Marks said: "I was talking to some surgeons. They were talking about laparoscopic surgery simulators. They were saying this feels very much like their $100,000 simulators do for surgeons and they'd much rather do something at a lower cost."

Marks' comments followed a clear message that PS Move is not just for casual games.

"The focus is across the whole spectrum of PlayStation owners so it adds a very good casual control to our system but also because it has so much fidelity and precision it can do a lot of core experiences as well," explained Marks. "It's really intended not to just be for one audience."

Furthermore, Marks does not believe the advent of motion controllers will signal the end for traditional joypads.

"DualShock is a really good abstract device; there's lots of buttons and analogue sticks you can map to anything abstract," he said. "People really understand it and like it. I don't think you'll see this get replaced."

PlayStation Move is scheduled to launch in Europe on September 15, 2010. You'll find the full interview with Richard Marks right here.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps_move_is_like_100k_surgery_simulator.html

I'm deciding what games to get for Move on launch day; Sports Champions and The Fight look really good will probably get them, really looking forward to the Heavy Rain Move patch. 

I also can't wait for Heroes On The Move, it's got "Win" written all over it.