By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Sony did not Rip Off" threads should be locked

Hey there, long time no see.

I've been siting back and enjoying the war between the Sony and Nintendo crowd about whether or not the PS Move is a rip off from the Wii, which clearly is, but now I have to ask just one thing:

- All those "PS Move is NOT a clone" threads should be locked.

It's both embarrassing and childish to have such a community like this, and I'm blaming both audiences here. Its pretty obvious that the PS3 new controls are inspired on the Wii controls, with different tech ok, and with many years of planning before the Wii ok, but the way Sony implemented their researches in form of controls are just a pure copy of Nintendo's ones.

Just look at comparison pictures. No way you can deny that, and on top of it, Sony just pretty admited this when they said they were moving towards the Wii audience.

For Sony fans: Drop it, it's a copy. Enjooy it. It's an amazing controller.

For Nintendo fans: Next gen all consoles will have similar controls to the Wii, they will become standart, only the design was copied, Nintendo wasn't the introdutor of Motion Control. Theysimply introduced motion controls in a way everyone likes them. Stop the backlash, its embarrassing.

For mods: The same threads I'm referring are in my opinion, both insulting and flamebait threads for the community, therefore should be locked, I'm pretty sure you guys agree with me.

VGChartz community is better than this. With no further requests,

Peace.

Around the Network

Now all we need is one of these threads in the xbox forums :)

Yep. Whether or not Sony has experimented with motion in the past is irrelevant. If the Wii did not have the commercial success it has had, Sony would not be releasing the move.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Natal is a copy of the Wii-mote.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Trying to think how adding another thread about PS Move is helpful.......

Around the Network

Hey Spanks! I thought we chased you outta here like Grandpa Simpson chased the Irish out of Springfield (and a fine job he did, too). Welcome back!!!

Also, I agree with your OP. There should be ONE official Move thread, in my opinion. One day, there were over 14 open threads. It was ridiculous!

We should lock this thread too, its the only way to be sure

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

One_touch_KO said:

For Sony fans: Drop it, it's a copy. Enjooy it. It's an amazing controller.

If they do drop it, as it's made by Sony it will probably fall apart! :0P

You should be locked.

4 ≈ One

Sure, Sony Move is partly copied from Wii but so has Nintendo copied from Sony. Both Classic Controller and 360 Controllers copies of Dualshock. All 3 have practically identical designs except few minor details. All 3 controllers have same buttons, just with different names and layout is almost same. Of course, part of the Dualshock design was also copied from Nintendo but that doesn't change this fact. So, even Nintendo and MS have ripped off Sony when it comes to controllers. After someone designs a good controller then it is always copied by other companies.