By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So much for the so called "Fad" huh? Sony should beg for mercy.

typical of this side of the site.... hoarse gets beat waaaaay to many times then it should

Around the Network

It's not that it's wrong for Sony to copy. It's that it's not a good idea to copy so directly. They need to find what sets it apart, not just try for being a higher quality version.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I have a Wii to play Tennis and a PS3 for the games. Soon I will play Tennis (with nice gfx) and all the other games on PS3. Now they should make a PS3-fit just to see the meltdowns in here

Cthulhu said:
I have a Wii to play Tennis and a PS3 for the games. Soon I will play Tennis (with nice gfx) and all the other games on PS3. Now they should make a PS3-fit just to see the meltdowns in here

I donno Champ, I've got a feeling Nintendo are the iPod of motion sensing, as far as games consoles are concerned anyway

Are you suggesting that all PS3 owners are primarily young to middle age adults? How dare you! That's like suggesting Wii players are kids, women and children.

Around the Network

enough of these Move vs Wiimote threads, it was fun while it lasted lol

Rpruett said:
Are you suggesting that all PS3 owners are primarily young to middle age adults? How dare you! That's like suggesting Wii players are kids, women and children.

You forgot old and casuals

It's more like a Craze

"A craze is a product, idea, cultural movement, propensity or model that gains popularity among a small section of the populace then quickly migrates to the mainstream. Crazes are characterized by their lightning fast adoption and swift departure from public awareness. Being of temporary nature is one of the major characteristics of craze. Crazes and fads are also characterized by their unusually high interest and sales figures relative to the time they are active in the marketplace, as compared with other similar products, ideas, cultural movements or models" -wiki

Crazes are always started by 1 company and as soon as it's huge, whatever company has a part in that type of market starts to dabble in it as well. It doesn't matter who originally started the craze. The point is, they all want to make money.

Example: Take the Roller Blading CRAZE, everyone had to have them and then a lot of companies decided to jump on the Craze. Of course after several years the Craze eventually dies down. But the Craze product is still being used, even though it's no longer a craze.

I honestly see the Wii as a Craze. Everyone has to have one, even the president has one. Eventually though, this Craze will no longer be the thing to have. Yes it will still be there, it just won't be the craze like it used to be.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

there will be many imitators but there is only 1 originator lol...

MeTc123_VG_EditioN_ said:
Cthulhu said:

I donno Champ, I've got a feeling Nintendo are the iPod of motion sensing, as far as games consoles are concerned anyway

I dont like iPod