By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games You Regret Getting

spenderzz said:
hatmoza said:

Blue Dragon: I was hungry for a 7th gen RPG. I was quickly turned off by the story, characters and voice acting.

Oblivion: I cannot understand the praise and love this game gets. It is the most shallow experience I've ever had in gaming. The story was so vague, and the environments, although extremely vast and beautiful and full of useless pickup items, were empty. I felt so deserted and isolated playing this game that I had to leave my home to remind myself that there IS life outside.
... I was also very annoyed by the "item capacity/weight" system. I was simply overwhelmed by the amounts of objects you can pick up because I always felt like I was leaving something important behind.

Fallout 3: *See Oblivion* I started to pay very close attention to developers after I made this godforsaken mistake. I forget who wrote it, but the VGC review of Fallout says, "Oblivion with guns."

I am 100% with you on Bethesda and their huge, barren worlds filled with soulless automata.  I let someone talk me into buying Oblivion, and it made me want to die.  Then I wrongly weighted "Fallout" more important than "Bethesda" and payed for my foolishness yet again.

As for Blue Dragon, I'm not saying you're wrong for not liking it, but come on...  surely you at least got a little kick out of, "LAND SHARK!!!!!!!!!  I'LL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh, thanks for reminding me, add Blue Dragon to my list of games I have regretted buying.

So Too Human, Blue Dragon, Scribblenauts so far.

Blue Dragon would have been okay at least if Marumaro wasn't annoying whether in English, Japanese, or Mute.

Around the Network

I've got some new ones

real regret (wii)

- red steel (make me hate my wii)
- SoulCalibur Legends (only played 20 minutes then resale)
- Worms (it was fun on pc, on wii it is s real pain)
- prince of persia: sands of time
- marvel ultimate alliance

almost regret
- wii play (i don't like it but it is usefull for presenting the console to newbies)
- tomb raider underworld (ugly and glitchy, but playable)

I should add two gems on the almost regret, but I think is not really due to the games, but to the controler:

- EA Grand Slam (not precise loses calibration)
- Sports Resort (loses calibration big time)

I say it is half regret cause at least i've got an additional peripheral. Would it be used in the future again? only time will tell

I'd like to add Shaun White Snowboarding.. What an abortion that was.

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

MAG i hate 1st person shooters and i thought this would get me into them but it didnt

Around the Network

Killzone 2 (no co-op or splitscreen)

Oblivion-same reason others have said, MMO feel in a single player game..ugh and not fond of FPRPG.

Street Fighter 4- After having bought MVC2 and Blazblue SF4 was a big let down compared to those 2 games.

The Orange Box (Tired of FPS)
L4D2 (Even more FPS)
Resistance 1 and 2 (Even more FPS)
Eternal Sonata (Boring RPG)
Blazblue (Just not my type of fighting game)

PakChiuCheng said:

The Orange Box (Tired of FPS)
L4D2 (Even more FPS)
Resistance 1 and 2 (Even more FPS)
Eternal Sonata (Boring RPG)
Blazblue (Just not my type of fighting game)

Why did you buy so many FPS if you are tired of them? I usually only buy 1 FPS like every 1-2 years.

Sometimes, I buy a game on day 1 or week 1 for $60 and by the time I actually get around to playing them, they retail $30 or less. I regret that, I guess.

First uncharted and red steel.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius