By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega Saturn >>>> ALL

Mistershine said:
SSF is the best emu I've used. Plays my games and ROMS well.

If Sega put the original Sega Rally on XBLA for 1600 MSP, I would hit it up in a flash.

I'd also pay that for pixel perfect ports of Daytona(not CE), Dragon Force, Burning Rangers and Sonic Jam.

Add Sega Touring Car if they get rid of the contextual steering.

Well I'm not quite sure about the actual game, but I know they re-released it for the PS2 in Japan (as part of the Sega Ages collection) a few years ago.

http://ages.sega.jp/df/

If you click on the little box in the upper right corner (looks like an animated gif), then you can check out the promo video.

I've been thinking about picking it up for awhile eventhough I already have Dragon Force (both the US and JP versions) for the Saturn.

@op: I love my Saturn (Saturn > PS1 for me) and have ever since I got my first one in 1995 (for Christmas), I think. It's too bad my US modded Saturn doesn't work anymore (drive doesn't spin up at all), but I still have 2 JP Saturns.(one with the extra MPEG adapter card, which makes Lunar: SSS MPEG version look great! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOE8GUlIAA&fmt=18 )

It's great being in Japan, because I can pick up so many Saturn games. I have so many Saturn games that I've picked up for pretty cheap, I only have a partial listing in my profile. The only exceptions being rare games, which are of course expensive. I still want to pick up Radiant Silvergun, but it usually costs in the $150-$170 range, whenever I see it.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

@Mistershine

Thanx.. Im gonna look into it :) it doesnt upscale as well as nebula but I guess I'll live.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

jarrod said:
averyblund said:

Try SSF it is pretty much perfect up there with the best N64 and PS1 emus. I rarely us my actual Saturn anymore (i don't want to wear it out from non-light gun games)thanks to SSF. Way ahead of the PS2 and DC emus.

Sega's developed an internal SS emulator that runs on PC and PSP even.  Atlus Japan licensed it for Princess Crown and Devil Summoner on PSP, which are both basically Saturn ISOs on UMDs.

Gametap also offers a few early Saturn games on their service (VF1, Panzer Dragoon 1-2, Bug! & Clockwork Knight iirc).

He's right that SSF is pretty good, but it isn't as good as Project64 and it is far behind ePSXe, not even close. It's still not at a commercially acceptable level in my opinion.

Jarrod, have you got any citation for that Sega developed emu? I'm aware Saturn games like Panzer/SegaRally/VF/VC etc. appeared as ports on various systems but they all had original PC ports, or didn't start on the Saturn.

leo-j said:

Uncharted 2
Uncharted 1
Resistance
Resistance 2
FF VII
FF VIII
Suikoden
Street fighter IV
Resident evil
Resident evil II
Resident evil III
Resident evil 5
Killzone 2
Little big planet
Medievil
Grandia
DynoCrysis
Assassins creed
Call of duty
Gran turismo 5
Ridge Racer
FF XIII
Sonic the hedhehog
Sonic II
Sonic III
Sonic and knucles
Metal gear solid
Metal gear solid IV
Streets of rage
Streets of rage II
Streets of rage III
Golden AXE I
Golden AXE II
Golden Axe III
Ratchet and clank
Phantasy Star
God of War
God of war II
God of war III
Ristar
Half Life
Half life 2
Battlefield Bad company
Battlefield Bad company 2
Portal
Team fortress
Dante's inferno
Bayonetta
Devil may Cry 4
Grand Theft Auto IV
MLB the show
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Yakuza 3
Heavy Rain
Star Ocean IV
Darksiders
MAG
Braid
FALLOUT 3
OBLIVION
Batman Asylum
Demon's souls
Wipe out HD
Flower
Valkyria Chronicles
Shatter
Soul Caliber
Blaz Blue
Infamous
Motorstorm
Warhawk
Trine
Megaman 10
Ninja gaiden Sigma
Ninja gaiden simga 2
Tekken 5
Tekken 6
Echochrome
Zen pinball
Mirror's edge
Heavenly sword
Megaman 9
Rainbox 6 vegas
GRAW
Folklore
Dead Space
Burnout Paradise
Dirt
Unreal Tournament 3
Guitar Hero
Rockband
Far Cry
Super stardust HD
Castle vania
Medal of Honor
SPYRO
CRASH

epic bitches

consits of PS3 libary both Bluray and PSN, only games rated above 80 on meta were included

lol u actually took time out to type all that in

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

impu2ity said:
jarrod said:
averyblund said:

Try SSF it is pretty much perfect up there with the best N64 and PS1 emus. I rarely us my actual Saturn anymore (i don't want to wear it out from non-light gun games)thanks to SSF. Way ahead of the PS2 and DC emus.

Sega's developed an internal SS emulator that runs on PC and PSP even.  Atlus Japan licensed it for Princess Crown and Devil Summoner on PSP, which are both basically Saturn ISOs on UMDs.

Gametap also offers a few early Saturn games on their service (VF1, Panzer Dragoon 1-2, Bug! & Clockwork Knight iirc).

He's right that SSF is pretty good, but it isn't as good as Project64 and it is far behind ePSXe, not even close. It's still not at a commercially acceptable level in my opinion.

Jarrod, have you got any citation for that Sega developed emu? I'm aware Saturn games like Panzer/SegaRally/VF/VC etc. appeared as ports on various systems but they all had original PC ports, or didn't start on the Saturn.

Gametap says they're the Saturn versions.  Two of the games (Panzer Zwei and Clockwork Knight) also never had PC ports.

Also, here's an interview where a Sony rep mentions the PSP emulator briefly.  It's based on GiriGiri, which Sega bought for their own Japanese PC classic games service in the mid 1990s.  Dunno if Gapetap uses GiriGiri too though?