By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Umbrella Chronicles: Anyone playing it besides moi?

Well, I didn't see a thread about this, only the one about the GT review. I got the game the other day and haven't been able to put it down. I haven't even played Galaxy since I got this game. Not that I think it's better, but being shorter I decided I'd play it for a while, then delve into Galaxy like it deserves. I do agree with some of the complaints I've read in reviews. The IR is good, but not exactly perfect. It does stink that headshots don't do any more damage than bodyshots(unless you hit the sweetspot), but it's nothing that ruins the experience. The graphics are a mixed bag(if I may borrow that line from Mr Casamassina). Sometimes they go from "very impressive" to "only better than what everyone else besides Nintendo is doing on the Wii". The downside is mostly during cutscenes; some look really good, while others seem a bit blurry/choppy. Now onto the good stuff. It's just fun as hell to blast zombies til the cows come home. I also love how you are encouraged to shoot like a man or woman posessed. So much of the world around you is destructible, you really can't help yourself. Also, the scoring system doesn't factor in hit percentage, so that really gives you the opportunity to go nuts. You can aslo unlock and upgrade your weapons, which is always cool, though not as deep as in RE4. Then there is all of the story elements. It's a blast to replay sequences from the older games again, but the true draw is the additions and "what the heck was such-and-such doing during this time" moments. It's nice to have some of these areas filled in and being able to play through them. All of the files and item descriptions are fun to check out and help to flesh out the whole package. Also, being an on rails shooter, some of that cinematic flair is back from the old games, something that was a bit lacking in RE4 in my opinion. It's something that is very RE to me(dramatic camera angles and such), so it is definitely a welcome addition. I do have one major complaint, though it may just be me pissing and moaning. It's not something that is in the game, but something that isn't: *SPOLIER AHEAD* There is no Barry Burton in this game. He's mentioned a time or two, but that's it. :( *END OF SPOLIER* SO is anyone else playing this? I haven't saw too much talk about it here, though I hope that's just because people are too busy playing Galaxy at the moment and not completely ignoring UC.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

i would like to get the game,but i will wait a little

I bought it yesterday, but I was going to hold off on playing it till I was with a friend. I want to at least finish Prime 3 before this one, but I may just have to give it a go at some point tonight... decisions decisions...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Yeah i got it the other day and have been having heaps of fun playing co-op with a mate. It's a lot different than a lot of the games on the Wii at the moment and is very refreshing. Great game.

it is good.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network

I really like it as well, one of my top games for the system because its great fun and has coop. My main complaints gameplay wise is there being a boss at the end of every single runthrough and that the sweetspots are so hard to hit. Also some playthroughs seem randomly harder than others.

I want to play...don't really have the time or money right now though...I'll either rent it soon or just buy it later.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Reading all your posts has made me want to get it even more, to bad its not out till the 30th here in the uk.

it is a great game--already got 12 hours in and havent beaten it yet--mind you i am tryin to get all teh guns upgraded and go back and get all the files--sub missions and such --not to mention the co- op---very great game

siberdib---i think you should take on his Smash phases as well