By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just Cause 2 Demo - Absolutely Amazing

bevochan said:
i thought the demo was somewhat mediocre. the shooting mechanics weren't that great, and the graphics were average.

well that seals it, I'm buying it today!

Around the Network

wow they need an option to delete accidental posts

Netyaroze said:
lestatdark said:
Necromunda said:
lestatdark said:
I loved the demo myself too. I wasn't actually expecting it to be that good, since the original Just Cause was a bit of a dissapointment.

In the entire 30 minutes of the JC2 demo there's more to do than in an entire playthrough of Just Cause 1 xD

Oh, have you tried going as high as you can with a chopper or the airplane and just do a free fall drop? It took me almost 2 minutes to go from the highest possible drop point to the last second where it was safe to

I haven't played Just Cause 1 but I heard it was a letdown, this is certainly going to be more or less like a surprise to everybody at how good it is going to be. I have probably had more fun in this demo then any full sandbox game I have ever played.

And yeah I've actually done that a few times hahaha :P Def beats the ceiling of GTA4 eh? lmao

And what do you think about like the pure scale of the world? I love how the demo itself is ENORMOUS but around what, like 15-20% of the size of the full world map? I have a feeling I am going to enjoy this game more then any Sandbox game I have ever played.

I am definitely getting this asap, if I wasn't going to be out of town at the time of release this would be a day one purchase for me :P

Yeah, the scale of the game is really amazing, but like jbrist said, it looks to be a bit smaller than Just Cause 1. 

Even if it is smaller, it looks to be much more varied, so that's a huge plus over Just Cause 1. The demo is really, really huge. I have spent over 5 hours around it, and haven't seen everything that's to see. I love to go to the radar station with the Armoured Vehicle and just rip it apart, or take a chopper over to the heavily populated area and let the chopper fall down over the enemy commander there XD  

what do you mean with smaller the size of the map ? The size of the map in Just cause 1 was 250,000 acres (1,012 km2; 391 sq mi)

Map size in Just cause 2 willl be  1240 km² or around 400+ sq miles. But the big difference is that in just cause 2 there are mountains deserts jungle (5 climatic zones) and over 100 vehicles. the quality of the landscape will be a lot better and the size of the map 25% bigger. btw the demo only, had 35 square miles which is twice as big as the oblivion map. 

The world will be gigantic and I have this game on my list since I downloaded this trailer last summer, were they talked about the development. 

thanks for the great info, and you even compared the size to my other favorite games (Morrowind and Oblivion)

I hate the voice acting. Fun game though.

4 ≈ One