By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Fans Boo Xbox 360 at Final Fantasy XIII launch party

Gilgamesh said:
Mad55 said:
man they are crazy. final fantasy was never exclusive to Sony it started on Nintendo consoles anyway. People are crazy it wasn't disloyal to fans just a good way to get more people playing the game.

But Final Fantasy became as huge as it is because of Sony and the PSOne and PS2. Not to mention the age difference. Most of the Final Fantasy fans of Playstation are still kind of young (Teenager - 20's), but the fans of the Nintendo Final Fantasy are older more mature and wouldn't care about fanboyism (30 - 40 years old).

You're not really trying to justify them booing, are you?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
Mad55 said:
man they are crazy. final fantasy was never exclusive to Sony it started on Nintendo consoles anyway. People are crazy it wasn't disloyal to fans just a good way to get more people playing the game.

But Final Fantasy became as huge as it is because of Sony and the PSOne and PS2. Not to mention the age difference. Most of the Final Fantasy fans of Playstation are still kind of young (Teenager - 20's), but the fans of the Nintendo Final Fantasy are older more mature and wouldn't care about fanboyism (30 - 40 years old).

Not because of Sony.  Because of the fans and the games' quality.  A console doesn't make a game huge, the developers and fans do.

morons

People like that give geeky otakus like me a bad name. You can be a Playstation and Final Fantasy fan without being an anti-360. In fact you can be a Playstation fanboy without being anti-360 (and vice versa). Fanboyism by definition doesn't have to be characterized by having a negative attitude towards the competition.

I know a Playstation and FF fanboy IRL who isn't obnoxious. He'll give you an opinion why he feels the PS3 is better (and isn't oblivious to the faults of the PS3 in the past. Mainly the outrageous pricing and taking awhile to build up the software library) but he doesn't troll the 360 at FF launch parties. He's not a 360 basher. It's those kind of fanboys that piss me off.

That all said, I think the distrust consumers have of Microsoft because of RRoD is justifiable (but we all know that RRoD rage/distrust isn't the reason why the 360 got booed). I bought an external hard drive last year for my computer, it eventually crapped out on me. Now I never want to buy an external hard drive again (they are known to be more vulnerable than internal hard drives) after that event. Even if it's something reliable like Western Digital, I don't want one. I'll stick with what I see as the tried and true for backup storage (my Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs. lol.) thanks. After having that experience of losing well over a hundred gigs of data and a drive that cost me $130+ (whereas if a DVD-R were to go bye, bye, that's basically worth what? less than a quarter? Less convenient but definitely cheaper), I don't wanna go through that again. I take it that my paranoid perception of external hard drives is similar to perceptions consumers have of the Xbox 360 ("even if they have better models out, I still don't trust it! Because if it's fool me twice, it's shame on me")

Looks like some of the pathetic fanboys in the video have came to this thread

Where's dat security guard!?

Around the Network

but but but... HD gamers are mature!!

loves2splooge said:
People like that give geeky otakus like me a bad name. You can be a Playstation and Final Fantasy fan without being an anti-360. In fact you can be a Playstation fanboy without being anti-360 (and vice versa). Fanboyism by definition doesn't have to be characterized by having a negative attitude towards the competition.

I know a Playstation and FF fanboy IRL who isn't obnoxious. He'll give you an opinion why he feels the PS3 is better (and isn't oblivious to the faults of the PS3 in the past. Mainly the outrageous pricing and taking awhile to build up the software library) but he doesn't troll the 360 at FF launch parties. He's not a 360 basher. It's those kind of fanboys that piss me off.

That all said, I think the distrust consumers have of Microsoft because of RRoD is justifiable (but we all know that RRoD rage/distrust isn't the reason why the 360 got booed). I bought an external hard drive last year for my computer, it eventually crapped out on me. Now I never want to buy an external hard drive again (they are known to be more vulnerable than internal hard drives) after that event. Even if it's something reliable like Western Digital, I don't want one. I'll stick with what I see as the tried and true for backup storage (my Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs. lol.) thanks. After having that experience of losing well over a hundred gigs of data and a drive that cost me $130+ (whereas if a DVD-R were to go bye, bye, that's basically worth what? less than a quarter? Less convenient but definitely cheaper), I don't wanna go through that again. I take it that my paranoid perception of external hard drives is similar to perceptions consumers have of the Xbox 360 ("even if they have better models out, I still don't trust it! Because if it's fool me twice, it's shame on me")

HELL YES to your first 2 paragraphs. I'm a total PC fanboy, but I take every opportunity to defend other consoles when I can (except PS3 because it needs no defending here).

OT: I thought this was a joke at first. It's kind of pathetic.

I WILL GO OUT AND BUY A 360 BUNDLE JUST TO SPITE THEM!

nightsurge said:
-Newcloud- said:
LOL...but seriously this will always be seen as a betrayal by fans, but it was a good business move

Why?  It was never a Sony exclusive franchise....

NS is correct its not a sony franchise, in fact the 1st FF game this gen was actually on 360 the ff11 online.

i dont see why ppl get upbeat over this, they have a right to publish on any platform

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Rofl.

That's win.