By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Fans Boo Xbox 360 at Final Fantasy XIII launch party

jealously leads to hate, hate leads to violence, violence leads to pain, pain to suffering.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
letsdance said:
aragod said:
letsdance said:
aragod said:
letsdance said:
Maybe they booed because the prize sucked?

I mean think about it... they are at a launch party. Chances are they have a system already. Chances are a good deal of them have the Ps3. Chances are they know about the Ps3 having better resolution... so why would they want to win a down grade?

So they can sell it for few bucks on ebay? I'd take free Xbox anyday, if just to sell it...

I'd take it and sell it too... just like Id sell playoff tickets... but again. If its something I dont want why shouldnt I boo it? sure Id make a few bucks but I'd much rather win a Ps3 version of the game or the Hawks tickets. Something I would enjoy and be able to use.

You'd take a 60 dollar game over a 299 dollar system? Well I don't know but doing my basic math that system equals 5 launch titles on the console of your choice. The prize didn't suck. They just don't like the fact that SE went multiplatform. Which we can understand, it's painfull to lose a title of your beloved series and degrade it's content and quality and prolong it's development by another year and a half.

Since you aren't a retailer the value of the system already decreases. But anyway. Yes, I sure the hell wwould take a game that I could use over a system I don't want. If they want to increase the "ohhhh" factor of the contest they could throw in some random FF13 swag... which any gamer could use no matter what console they own.

As long as you haven't opened it most retailers will take it so no, it hasn't decreased.

without a reciept? I dont think thats the way it works. Still your points aren't valid. Mine are. If they didn't want to be booed they should have had a nuetral prize AKA random swag that anyone could use rather than trying to force the 360 version down their throats when they already have a Ps3 and want it for the Ps3.

letsdance said:
twesterm said:
letsdance said:
aragod said:
letsdance said:
aragod said:
letsdance said:
Maybe they booed because the prize sucked?

I mean think about it... they are at a launch party. Chances are they have a system already. Chances are a good deal of them have the Ps3. Chances are they know about the Ps3 having better resolution... so why would they want to win a down grade?

So they can sell it for few bucks on ebay? I'd take free Xbox anyday, if just to sell it...

I'd take it and sell it too... just like Id sell playoff tickets... but again. If its something I dont want why shouldnt I boo it? sure Id make a few bucks but I'd much rather win a Ps3 version of the game or the Hawks tickets. Something I would enjoy and be able to use.

You'd take a 60 dollar game over a 299 dollar system? Well I don't know but doing my basic math that system equals 5 launch titles on the console of your choice. The prize didn't suck. They just don't like the fact that SE went multiplatform. Which we can understand, it's painfull to lose a title of your beloved series and degrade it's content and quality and prolong it's development by another year and a half.

Since you aren't a retailer the value of the system already decreases. But anyway. Yes, I sure the hell wwould take a game that I could use over a system I don't want. If they want to increase the "ohhhh" factor of the contest they could throw in some random FF13 swag... which any gamer could use no matter what console they own.

As long as you haven't opened it most retailers will take it so no, it hasn't decreased.

without a reciept? I dont think thats the way it works. Still your points aren't valid. Mine are. If they didn't want to be booed they should have had a nuetral prize AKA random swag that anyone could use rather than trying to force the 360 version down their throats when they already have a Ps3 and want it for the Ps3.

No, they do.  I've done it with a PS3 before that I got for free.

I got a 40GB for free as a bonus and I already had one.  Instead of being a pissy fanboy, I just gave it to Best Buy and enjoyed my $400 credit.

Well thats cool. If I ever get something for free that I dont want I'll remember that. But my point still stands. Id rather win something I'd be able to use.

And I dont care about FF13... I'll buy it eventually but its not like I'm saying this because I feel betrayed.

What a bunch of crybabies. If you aren't some silly fanboy you would never boo such a thing. Do contestants boo prizes on The Price is Right when the prize doesn't really appeal to them? No, because they know they can sell it and pocket the cash. That and they at least have some form of manners and decency.

Around the Network

I same what understand their feeling.

If some one took my favorite franchise and defiled it by making it muti thus degrading its quality id be pissed to.

nightsurge said:
What a bunch of crybabies. If you aren't some silly fanboy you would never boo such a thing. Do contestants boo prizes on The Price is Right when the prize doesn't really appeal to them? No, because they know they can sell it and pocket the cash. That and they at least have some form of manners and decency.

I've definatly seen contestants face of dissapoint me though. And you have to pay taxes on those prizes that you don't want just to sell them for way less than they are worth!

Hus said:
I same what understand their feeling.

If some one took my favorite franchise and defiled it by making it muti thus degrading its quality id be pissed to.

Um, FF has been on other platforms... Heck it BEGAN on a different platform...

letsdance said:
nightsurge said:

I've definatly seen contestants face of dissapoint me though. And you have to pay taxes on those prizes that you don't want just to sell them for way less than they are worth!

Yup, but no booing.  They at least had the decency to keep their mouth shut and be polite about it.  I guess that's too much to expect of immature fanboys.

Mad55 said:
man they are crazy. final fantasy was never exclusive to Sony it started on Nintendo consoles anyway. People are crazy it wasn't disloyal to fans just a good way to get more people playing the game.

But Final Fantasy became as huge as it is because of Sony and the PSOne and PS2. Not to mention the age difference. Most of the Final Fantasy fans of Playstation are still kind of young (Teenager - 20's), but the fans of the Nintendo Final Fantasy are older more mature and wouldn't care about fanboyism (30 - 40 years old).