By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Sony copies, we innovate." - Nintendo

CGI-Quality said:
Maynard_Tool said:
CGI-Quality said:
Maynard_Tool said:
wenlan said:

"With Nintendo, I'm trying to think of anything we've copied... but I can't"

Did you forget about the Snes controller? It came before these 2....

OT: Well, nothing but the thruth. 2006 2010... is all the same. IT applies perfectly =)

It's the Dual-Analog he's pointing out. Sony created that, though it was a variation of the original rumble controller (N64 Controller) which was Immersion's technology.

Like you said, Nintendo put the analog.... Sony went on to put one after... and just add another one. I don't now how is that creating.

Depends on how you look at it.

LEt's say I look at it this way:

Nintendo came out with the analog stick... then sony went on to put it in the controller, with an extra analog stick. For me, that's not really creating something, b/c in the same way,I could just say that by adding extra buttons any company could create something new.

It's just my way to look at it.

Twistedpixel: Thanks for answering my question. I knew the ps1 wasn't the first one to come out with that

Around the Network

lol now even the heads of Nintendo sounds like they are having a meltdown...I can start on who started motion controls etc but that has been said already :P I mean seriously Sony even complimented these guys and this is the way they respond? Not professional at all

can't wait till they go HD....and then we can see the hypocrisy

GO SOny, give some PR responses.... :P make it fun for us

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Honestly, how could you expect Nintendo to NOT respond to such a blatant rip off? It's so close to the Wiimote, it's like an insult in itself really..

Dude

In the NES days Nintentendo was the King of Arrogance you ask Bill Gates of the MSX

In the SNES days Nintendo was the King of Arrogance you ask Tom Kalinske of the Sega  Genesis

In the N64 days Nintendo was the King of Arrogance you ask Ken Kutaragi of the Playstation

In the Gamecube days Nintendo was the King of Arrogance

In the Wii days Nintendo is still the King of Arrogance

Sony was the first to introduce a non cratridge based console, (including Sega CD), optical disc storage in a console: CD-ROM music player console, VCD; DVD-ROM movie player, a removable memory card, dual analog sticks, trigger buttons, disc swapping, internal power supply system, parallel port, etc. Didn't Nintendo copied these all?

The nerve...

Twistedpixel said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Twistedpixel said:

DVD players also use DVDs, whats your point?

i think he means that the psone was the first to use the disc as a gaming media source and so it killed the cartridge and it revolutionized gaming...well, thats i think he means, idk though

anyways OT: yes i would say nintendo is most innovative, however, microsoft taking it to the next step with online is my favorite big change of gaming

Thats not true, there were CD based gaming systems out before the PS1.

tell him not me, i was just saying what i thought he though maybe =p...i said idk gosh

Around the Network

it should really be entered in the OP that this is an 4 year old article or lock the thread this is not going to en well othervise.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Maynard_Tool said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Twistedpixel said:
letsdance said:
Twistedpixel said:

DVD made gaming bigger? Sony sold 100M PS1s and Nintendo sold 3x million N64s. There wasn't a significant increase in the number of gamers the generation after and only part of that increase would be due to anything DVD did. Nintendo increased the size of gaming, Sony just hopped on a trend at the right time.

but the Ps2 is what used dvds

DVD players also use DVDs, whats your point?

i think he means that the psone was the first to use the disc as a gaming media source and so it killed the cartridge and it revolutionized gaming...well, thats i think he means, idk though

anyways OT: yes i would say nintendo is most innovative, however, microsoft taking it to the next step with online is my favorite big change of gaming

Wait, wasn't another console before the 5th generation that used disc-type media?

iono, tell him not me, i was saying what i thought he meant, but i guess i was wrong =p

they a talking about copying gameplay innovation. and controller input like the n64 stick, the original ps controller didnt have that. I dont think cartriges, cds, dvds or bluray count on that

L.C.E.C. said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=140270

Nintendo UK boss David Yarnton has lashed out at Sony's new motion sensing controller, suggesting that the PlayStation creator has copied Nintendo's ideas - past and present.

Speaking to MCV in the wake of Sony's E3 press conference last week, Yarnton was quick to point out Sony's change of attitude since Nintendo unveiled their motion sensing Wii Controller late last year. "I'd love to dig up some old Phil Harrison comments and say 'hang on a second - six months ago when we launched our controller you said one thing, and now why are you doing this?'" Yarnton thundered. 

Yarnton also slammed the lack of force feedback in Sony's redesigned PS3 controller, blaming patent issues for the omission: "Historically we're always developing new things. We know Sony have had a lot of issues with their rumble feature and they've had to withdraw it - because they didn't innovate, they copied."

Yarnton went on to suggest that Sony has not only followed Nintendo's lead, but copied their ideas in the past: "I don't know what [Sony's] decision making process is but I think if you look back, any innovation that has come in gameplay has come from us," he said. 

"With Nintendo, I'm trying to think of anything we've copied... but I can't," concluded Yarnton. We're sure you'll let him know if they have and what you think of his assertions in the comment section below.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

About time the PR wars started again! Although I believe this is a bit troll-ish of NOE... Discuss, por favor.

hmmmm

They haven't evolved their games storywise for what.. 20 years ? more ?

Comon. Sure some people might like that.. Some.

I think yahtzee says it the best in this review:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1191-Left-4-Dead-2-New-Super-Mario-Bros-Wii

Anyways whatever. It's a pointless debate that's been ongoing for too long and that will continue to do so regardless.

Check out my game about moles ^

dirkd2323 said:
No actually Atari created gaming

yes an no

the first game's that could be considered computer program's designed for game's were on university's and govt. computer mainframe's

durring the late 60's to 70's, because that's pretty much the only place's  you could get access to one..

bushnell created his first game in 1971  at the university, started  first with only $500.00..

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.