By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Price is the biggest barrier fo the Move

Looking at this from an ecnomic perspective. For the prices that are unannounced, I'm taking a guess.

The PSM is going to be very expensive for a multiplayer setup. Even the Wii is a fair amount for multiplayer.

PSM

PSM basic kit: $100
Nunchuck: $20-30
Lightstick: $40-50

Full one person setup for PSM = basic kit + nunchuck+ extra lightstick + PS3

Full setup for each additional person full setup: lightstick + lightstick + nunchuck

Natal

Natal camera: $50-100

Full One person setup for Natal = Natal camera + X360

For each additional person: Nothing

Wii MotionPlus

MotionPlus: $20
Wimote/WM+ bundle: $50
Nunchuck: $20

Full one person setup for Wii M+ = MotionPlus + Wii

For each additional person full setup: Wiimote + WM+ + Nunchuck

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

"fo?" whoa there homeboy. :P

i for one won't be getting it, $100 is quite a steep price.

was it not a game a controller and the eye for less than $100 if you consider a game then the price is good imo

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

If it included the "Companion" (i wont call it anything else) then a price of 99.99 would be fine with me.

From everything I've read, the basic bundle does not include an accessory controller.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

Move for two players in full will be $180-200

Wiimote will be $90

Natal will be $50-100

The biggest problem for Move is that it looks like the Wiimote but people may not be comfortable with its look.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

i already have the PSeye so if the games library appeals to me i might get it

I think now no one will complain about Wiimote prices anymore *lol* Anyway, if the games are good, it will sell anyway.

PS3 plus move will be $200-250 more than the Wii, for that you could get the Wii, Wii fit plus, Wii Sports resort and a couple of Wiimotes and nunchucks and WM+