By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 vs other JRPG's this gen

Interestingly. FF13  is only just considered by the media as the number 1 JRPG  this gen.

We know production wise it is above the others by some way. It would appear that according to the average scores that games like LO, TOV and ES are all around the sam level as FF13. What fo you guys think. JRPG's have taken it hard this gen.

Here take a look.

Based on Meta.

Final Fantasy 13      =        82 PS3       ( 83 360 )

Eternal Sonata        =         79 360      ( 80 PS3 )

Tales Of Vesperia                =         79

Lost Odyssey          =        78

Around the Network

BS is BS... FFXlll deserves to rated in 90's it just being a JRPG in western dominated Gen is tough so its unfairly judged

in a greek site they said after playing ff13 that games like lost odyssey and valkyria chronicles will be appriciated more than 13 in the end of this gen

Xxain said:
BS is BS... FFXlll deserves to rated in 90's it just being a JRPG in western dominated Gen is tough so its unfairly judged

This post is pure win. Thank you. Finally someone can see things for how they really are. =D

Final Fantasy 13 deserves a better score than that, but the way reviewers have been treating JRPG's lately, I just don't know anymore...

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

JRPG this gen has been hammered in general none HD jrpgs has a 90+ metascore and that 's is dissapointing but the experiences this gen for me were and will be many and good ones

I hate reading a review for a JRPG and see them make comparison to a WRPG...Hell they're practically different genres.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

interesting ...

but since FFXIII is not really a RPG ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
interesting ...

but since FFXIII is not really a RPG ...

Although I agree, your brave very brave. ROFL.

actually the critics were waiting the god to come and that 's the mistake in the first place the huge expectations for FF13