By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story Website OPENS!!!!!! (New Art and Music)

LordTheNightKnight said:
g-value said:
The director and producer in the website are talking about Ruri Island, which is the setting for the game. The director talks about how the continent is surrounded by mountain ranges and the only accessible point being that island port. As such it is heavily fortified and a major point of defense. It sounds like the ruler of the island carries certain ambitions and seeks magic as a resource to rise in power.

Somehow even though the entire empire is suffering poverty and decay, the town of Ruri remains prosperous. It's implied that the source of the town's wealth is related to magic, and there's a strange power in it which begins to attract monsters towards it, and the fate of the island is soon to be changed forever.

The world of The Last Story is supposed to be one where metal resources are scarce, and Sakaguchi is trying to limit the amount of sci-fi influence on the world setting, and he wants players to be able to enjoy a smooth experience of exploring around Ruri Island, a place bathed in the abundance of radiant sunlight. Someone from Neogaf said this.

On the one hand, that makes me take this with a grain of salt. On the other hand, I hope it's true so we can further show the Resident Evil 5 people were idiots for thinking the Wii couldn't handle the game.

It was translated by a trusted member, so I wouldn't doubt it.

Around the Network

It looks very interesting.
BTW: I find it funny that g-value made this thread and he/she doesn't own a Wii.

Gorgeous. I really, really like that they're keeping it more medieval and less sci-fi.

New concept artwork on the japanese Website:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/slsj/column/

And translations & info on Neogaf:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386135&page=24

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

the art is pretty nice

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
the art is pretty nice

I liked the artworks from the update before better - this looks more anime than I'd hoped. And reminds me of those more 'realistic' point&click adventures, like Broken Sword or Sherlock Holmes. 

Can't wait to see actual screens. 

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

from what I read on neo, the town will be pretty big and you can get lost in it (no dead end streets and just "tunnels", created as a real town).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

cool can't wait to see some gameplay videos of this! do we know if it is a TB-RPG or RT-RPG? hoping it is a RT

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

OMG IT LOOKS PHENOMENOL!

Getting a FF9 Vibe from it!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

This is absolutely amazing!