By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - looks like nintendo has a good start to 08

rocketpig said:
I'll take LittleBigPlanet, SC: Conviction, Lost Odyssey, and DMC4 over SSBB, no matter how good it is.

Good for you. I'll take SSBB over all four of those games.

Good thing we have our respective consoles then =)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:
rocketpig said:
I'll take LittleBigPlanet, SC: Conviction, Lost Odyssey, and DMC4 over SSBB, no matter how good it is.

Yep. But you can't say that any of them will be suffering through a drought in Q1 2008.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Mario Kart FTW, If look how well MKDD sold on GC and it wasnt the best mario kart either. The new looks very cool with online and motorbikes.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

manman said:
since the ps3 and the 360 will have a drought at that time and nintendo will have SSBB

For someone that should be an expert on game droughts you're wildly off the mark in your assessment.

DarkNight_DS said:
rocketpig said:

Would you take all those games over Mario Galaxy (yes I realize i'm not staying on topic) but damn... Galaxy is just so awesome...

I'd take just one of those games over Mario Galaxy (well maybe not DMC4 I don't really care for that series either).

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
DarkNight_DS said:
rocketpig said:

Would you take all those games over Mario Galaxy (yes I realize i'm not staying on topic) but damn... Galaxy is just so awesome...

I'd take just one of those games over Mario Galaxy (well maybe not DMC4 I don't really care for that series either).

Okie dokie...  ;) 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

rocketpig said:
omgwtfbbq said:
rocketpig said:

Yep. But you can't say that any of them will be suffering through a drought in Q1 2008.

I never did =) I already stated that Q1 2008 is going to be a fantastic year for all gamers.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

They definetly will hav ea good start. Argue all you want but SSBB and Wii Fit will be the biggest games launchind during that timeframe. Especially SSBB. Will definetly keep Nintendo going smoothly for the first half of 2008.

I'll take SSBB over LittleBigPlanet, SC: Conviction, Lost Odyssey, and DMC4 no matter how good they are.

:)

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Ugh, this thread was made to fail.

I'm constantly amazed at how good the Xbox360 lineup is.

Rock Band, Halo 3, Mass Effect, BioShock, Orange Box, Call of Duty 4. All within a 3-4 month period. Bam. That's an amazing lineup, and while I do think it's important to remember the 360 is ending its second year instead of its first, that may be the best lineup ever for any console in that short a time span.

That lineup has exactly one weakness, and that weakness is very important: it is incredibly narrow in its focus. If you don't like blowing stuff up, the entire lineup is worthless to you save Rock Band, which is on every other platform right now, save Wii (Which we can assume will receive its own iteration at some point). The 360 wants the 16-30 male demographic, and it hammers that demographic as hard as it possibly can.

So yeah, I just went off on a tangent there. But I can tell you this: the moral of the story is that the lineups for the other systems aren't weak, nor will they likely be so until they are replaced by their technological progeny 4-5 years from now. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">