By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy sells ~70,000 in first week IN THE UK !!

Sorry but even 70k is impossible. Chart Track reports that both versions of AC outsold SMG. So either AC is undertracked or SMG is overtracked

Around the Network
Banprest3 said:
Sorry but even 70k is impossible. Chart Track reports that both versions of AC outsold SMG. So either AC is undertracked or SMG is overtracked

No it didn't.  You just completely LIED.  SMG is #3  and PS3 Assassins Creed is 5th.

http://www.charttrack.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Maybe you people should listen to us Europeans, Just Ben told that he couldn't one when he wanted, i could but had to look for it (which isn't normal for a just released game). I've been reading from people in the internet, that it's been sold out in many (most?) places in Finland. The Finnish imported told before SMG release, that they will not be able to stock retailers enough, (and the same thing will occur with RE:UC). Also NOE said it will be sold out. You know people, Nintendo won't divert extra (larger than usual) stock to UK from other countries, just to make something less supply constrained in UK and more in other countries. UK is a little more than 10% percent of EU population, and the game is released in Europe also outside EU. I don't think Nintendo want's to screw 500M people just to make 60M happy. Similar preordering culture with NA or Japan, doesn't exist in Europe. The way people shop around here, is that after you leave work, you go to a store and if the product you want isn't there, you shop it later. People don't go looking for it around town. Saturday is more of a day for shopping, but since people go to a pub (in UK) to drink Guinness (with exception of the Irish, who go to a pub to fight and drink Guinness). So saturday you have hangover (and sunday, sometimes even monday), sales divert differently along the week compared to US or Japan. Sales will go up as soon as Nintendo will be able to stock more software.

loadedstatement said:
But I can always get any game I want whenever I want.

So can i. With the exeption of SMG (which i got, but had to look for it).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

OOOOPS, looks like i was watching the COD4 1 week sales. MY BAD!

erikers said:
Banprest3 said:

No it didn't. You just completely LIED. SMG is #3 and PS3 Assassins Creed is 5th.

http://www.charttrack.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

OOOOPS, looks like i was watching the COD4 1 week sales. MY BAD!

Around the Network

No problem

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

ioi said:

UK sales charts are due to start this or next week but as a taster here a few tidbits for this week:

Assassins Creed sells around 135,000 on Xbox360 and 65,000 on PS3 for 200,000 total sales

Call of Duty 4 sells an amazing 120,000 in week 2 (290,000 total) on 360 and a total of 185,000 across all formats

Super Mario Galaxy sells 70,000 this week with the biggest Wii debut on record, beating Twilight Princess's 68,000 launch.

Brain Training sells 68,000 this week with massive DS sales all round.

More soon...

Source

Ubisoft's Assassins Creed has shot to the top of the UK all-formats charts and become the second fastest-selling new IP on an individual format behind 2002's The Getaway.

The Xbox 360 version of the game claims 67 per cent of sales, with the PlayStation 3 version taking the remaining 33 per cent. It also becomes the third fastest-selling Xbox 360 game within a weekly sales period.

Last week's number one, Activision's Call of Duty 4, has been knocked from the top as it suffers a 33 per cent fall in sales.

Nintendo's new entry Super Mario Galaxy only manages to debut at number five but becomes the fastest-selling Wii game, with Dr Kawashima's Brain Training staying at number six following a 62 per cent climb in sales.

------

Wow IOI, respect, Chart Track backs you up on your first shot at the UK charts!

You Rock!

Where can I get FIGURES. I want figures.

erikers said:
Banprest3 said:

No it didn't. You just completely LIED. SMG is #3 and PS3 Assassins Creed is 5th.

This deserves a thread of its own... lots of news in those charts!

- 6 PS3 titles in the top#40 - but the 3rd best is @ #30 Motorstorm 

- 1 PSP title in the charts - Simpsons (PSP) debut at #37

- 13 DS titles in the top#40 (what, is this Japan??)

- 5 360 titles in the top#40 - including titles #1, #2

- 7 Wii titles in the top#40 

- Galaxy had a good debut at #3 (considering Assassins #1, CoD #2)

- Pro Evo: PS3 (#37), 360 (#32), PS2 (#15)

- Brain Training currently at #4, BTII at #6 (wtf??)

- Crysis debuted at #11, 3 PC titles in the top#50

- 5 PS2 titles in top#40 

-  

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ioi, awesome that you are going to start tracking sales in the UK in more detail. I understand that the UK is interesting as it is the third largest gaming market in the world, but the rest of Europe would also be very interesting i feel, as the UK is pretty similar to NA. I understand however the amount of work that it would take to track game sales all over europe, so just want to say great that you're giving us the UK sales!

Also glad to see great games like CoD4 and AC doing so well, they both deserve it. SMG is selling just fine and will continue to do so.