By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy sells ~70,000 in first week IN THE UK !!

FishyJoe said:
Harvey Birdman said:
FishyJoe said:
Harvey Birdman said:

Why does R&C have anyting to do with SMG selling poorly? With those numbers you would think that it was a PS3 title! Seriously, why mention R&C? I think this proves that the Wii is more of a casual console in markets outside the US.

It has about as much to do as Brain Training, COD4 or AC does. The OP is about the UK market, which includes R&C. Even though the title says SMG, this thread is about UK sales. You're the one making the connection to SMG, not me. Read the original post, it is not specifically about SMG.

Well knowing That R&C was never mentioned in ioi's posts you decided to mention the R&C numbers out of nowhere, maybe to throw off the discussion of low sales in SMG's first week. Did anyone ask for those numbers of R&C? Besides you, no one else asked for them.

I didn't see you complaining in any of the other threads not about SMG where SMG sales were mentioned. If you want, I can make a seperate thread about UK R&C sales, would that make you happier?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=10159

Around the Network

The most amazing thing about ioi's UK numbers is they seem almost dead on so far. They seem to be even more accurate than the US weekly numbers which I'm sure he has many more sources for.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

290k for CoD4
only in UK ?!!!!!
and only in the second week !!!
very very very good
like that .. it can hit 2 million easly in 360 only

erikers said:
The most amazing thing about ioi's UK numbers is they seem almost dead on so far. They seem to be even more accurate than the US weekly numbers which I'm sure he has many more sources for.

In case you all haven't noticed, ioi lives in the UK (I hope I got that right ;).

That means he can have a real "ground presence", leading to some really good estimations/figures.

So I wouldn't be too shocked if the UK figures are more accurate than US figures (or it just proves that the NPD does a crappy job?).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@Just_Ben: Actually chartTrack UK chart and their numbers came first.

@takunda: You can't get figures right now.

@I LOVE GIGGS: It's 120k in second week. 290k is total. And it won't hit 2 million in UK, there even arent that many Xbox 360. Hovewer CoD4 relativly sold better in UK than in US.

Around the Network

2 million global.

First excuses were made for Galaxy sales in Japan, now they're being made for Europe...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yahoo, I thanka everiboddi who hasa boughta mai game!!

I speak for our little hero of course *grin*. Good work!

@everyone who whines about the sales, shut up. These figures are pretty good for only a small country like the UK. UK is normally known as a country who adores Sony and Nintendo not that much, so those sales are actually quite good. 

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I think these low sales of Galaxy in the UK may be a huge worry for Nintendo. When I saw the thread title I assumed 70k was a huge number for UK only to see it's being way outsold by COD4 on 360 which is in its second week. It seems Wii owners just don't buy games. If Mario Galaxy and Metroid are unable to sell amazingly then what chance is there of third parties seeing anything even close to the success they are seing on 360. Nintendo is of course making a very healthy profit on hardware sales but with Wii owners not buying games at all there is little chance of third parties bringing their massive titles to the Wii when they can release it on 360 and easily port to PS3. This means in the long term Wii will probably never see the amazing sales success you would have expected given how fast it has been selling.

great debut, on par with NSMB for UK. wtf @ people who are saying its selling badly there, it outdid tp which has sold 1.8 million in PAL regions so far.