By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - remember the guy who called about dust voiding his ps3?? weell(cough cough)

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=2182719&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/pictures-really-du
sty-playstation-3-is-denied-warranty-repairs-with-video-

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

i dont think any manufacturer would have accepted that back... looks like neglect to me

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

that looks rough i cant believe anyone would treat anything that bad

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The only thing that i can make out of those pics is that the outer coating full of finger prints, the link doesn't work btw.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Yeah that's pretty bad...still, it sucks for the guy, even if he was an asshole. They are dust magnets.

I keep my electronics in open air for that reason...allows for easy transport, keeps things from overheating, and lets me dust things easier.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah that's pretty bad...still, it sucks for the guy, even if he was an asshole. They are dust magnets.

I keep my electronics in open air for that reason...allows for easy transport, keeps things from overheating, and lets me dust things easier.

Nothing in my house gets that dusty, or has paint chips it in. That console was poorly taken care of and handle horridly. That guy seriously deserves not to have it repaired. Look thats a centameter worth of dust. Did the guy purposely pour dust on it? Thats horrid. My N64 that I havent touched or moved in 2 years doesnt have that much dust on it. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

just a quick ? Couldn't the finger prints have come from the people taking it out of the box, fiddling with it for days on end, moving it around for pics after this guy went apey etc? And the link is bad so what exactly does this prove other than someone took pictures of a fingerprint ridden PS3?

It's not that bad as far as I can see. There's a lot of dust in the memory cards part, but he might not even have noticed if he didn't use them.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Even if he didn't clean it, dust should not be in any way be an excuse to void ones warranty. Also the fact that Sony demanded 150$ for cleaning his unit of that dust is quite.....enraging.

Edit: i mean for pete's sake, how can that hardware be considered futureproof if something as simple as dust can do it in anytime? 

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

@NJ5

The report said that there was too much dust inside has notin to do with the outside.

mM