By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales hit 3 million !!

Golden Week and a drought for PS3 and 360 will mean a big month for Wii in Japan. PS3 will have above average Europe numbers in April, and steady, low numbers in Japan and the Americas in April (200k to 250k combined) PS3 can probably do 400k in April. 360 will have a solid month in the Americas with Guitar Hero, DDR, and the killer app carry over...it can do 280k in the Americas, 10k in Japan, and around 100k in Europe I would think. Wii is going to have a big month somewhere, but I agree in the sense that Super Paper Mario will not be a massive global hit..it will either do well in Japan or the West..not both. I think Wii does around 360k Japan, 400k Americas, 240k Europe. Late May-June will be a good indicator of future sales..I think April is another big Wii month, and that will continue into early May with Golden Week. May-September is crucial if Wii is to catch 360 this year.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
PS360N64PSXBOX said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
PS360N64PSXBOX said:
WiiGirl76 said:
homelesscarl said:
Didn't Nintendo pass 3 million months ago?

It even surpassed the 6 million and is hitting to the 7 million. I'm convinced the 7 million will be reached by the end of April if not sooner, thanks to Paper Mario.

That wouldn't be until near June. It won't reach ten million this year.

Why not it's already past 6 million, and SPM will be a huge seller

And if you believe the rumors of fresh Wii shipments in the next weeks it could be huge sales for the Wii

Paper Mario isn't a 3 million seller for the GC nor will it be here. The Wii will cool off this year and with HUGE titles coming for PS3 and 360 the Wii can't hope or pray to compete! My guess it will stall at 9 million.

Tell me that your are kidding? If not what are you smoking? I don't think anyone out here belives that SPM will sell 3 millions, BUT it doesn't have to, it just have to keep the momentum up. In Japan we will have Sport/play/brain age as system sellers, europe will get super mario strikers charged online in may (which was a sleeper hit on the Cube), USA Zelda/Sport/SPM will drive sales. We are only talking about 1 million of sales in each region, the demand has to totaly die if you predictions should be true.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

PS360N64PSXBOX, that's just laughable...there's a TON of Wii fans and a ton of new games coming out for it later this year and next year...I expect it to be a slow period right now actually, and then pick up at the holidays again...9 million is ridiculous.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

With the success of NSMB in the DS for both core gamers and casual gamers, it might be duplicated as well on the Wii with SPM or Mario Galaxy. Core gamers will obviously buy SPM - and if casual gamers actually believe that using the wiimote is less intimidating than using traditional controllers, then SPM will also be a sure hit for them with its non-intimidating graphics and bright fun style.