By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales hit 3 million !!

Hus said: handheld markey yes... console market they are half of Europe.
They are interrelated you do realize correct? From an earlier post: When tracking or attempting to forecast or predict future market share shifts, this needs to be kept in mind. For every DS Lite being purchased that's subtracting essentially 2 to 3 potential PS3, XBX 360, & Wii software pieces that could have been purchased. Two DS or PSP games purchases another, etc, etc. There are far too many variables & extraneous influences that indirectly & directly dictate market share. As substantially selling electronic gaming platforms, which can move millions of pieces of both hw or sw, they must be recognized.

"The things we touch have no permanence."

Around the Network

its a good mark to hit but still has a long way to go

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

PAL is a way bigger territory than Japan for home consoles. Not so with handhelds anymore thanks to the DS. But check last gen console sales. Japan isn't even close to PAL.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Well done PS3 - the launch in Europe has pushed you over the 3mill barrier. Launched worldwide about 20weeks ago - makes about 150,000 / week (worldwide). Any guesses how long it will take to reach 4mill? At the current rate, makes it about mid-May? (currently selling about 55k-60k / week in US/Japan combined - so needs to sell about 100k/week in Europe to reach this).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I see it selling around 100k for a few more weeks in Europe..then it will drop off to 50 or 60 k per week...then stay steady at like 40k per week in mid May.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Hus said: PS360N64PSXBOX said: Hus said: PS360N64PSXBOX said: do you really think its fair to compare Japan to over 30 plus countries that make up that region? I am basing my numbers off of single countries not whole regions. Unless you see Europe as a country. that the advantage of EU continent is becoming one BIG ass place of business, not individual. I noticed. They were so close to being a single country last year.. that will never happen , but one big business indentity sure.
Well I am from Europe, and from one of the biggest anti-EU countries (in term of pure hate, not pop), and would say that never is a very strong word. For each paper written by the EU politicans we become closer to United States of Europe or whatever you will call it.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I'm sorry, but this is far from "official" & quite frankly sounds inflated imo. Wait for an official announcement.

"The things we touch have no permanence."

I still believe that PS3/Wii numbers are to high. The companies need to tell more official sales numbers and not shipped.

Yojimbo said: I still believe that PS3/Wii numbers are to high. The companies need to tell more official sales numbers and not shipped.
No company actually knows "sales" figures - its not that they aren't releasing them, its simply that they don't know. There are thousands of retailers (and hundreds of thousands of stores) all over the world involved in the "sales" process - and they have various reasons for not wanting to disclose their sales figures. The only thing the console holders know are the shipment figures *to* these retailers. In a perfect world, these figures would do us nicely - but various retailers stockpile consoles for various reasons, and distort the actual sales figures. I still believe VGCharts to be the most accurate "guesstimate" of sales around.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Why is there such a large difference between this site and nexgenwars? How is the information collected differently between this site and theres?