By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think I know why I hate the direction the GOW series has taken after GOW1

Its the change in directors , I never knew that for each iteration there was a different director directing and thats probably why GOW2 was far less enjoyable for me compared to GOW1.....

Does anyone feel the same way I do if they felt there was a decline between in the series? (between GOW1 and GOW 2)

EDIT:This is strictly referring to story and character development.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

In what terms? Story?

Akvod said:
In what terms? Story?

OO yea should ahve put that in the OP.....yes in story and the character development of kratos.

The first time I played them, yes. I played them right after each other on the PS2, and GoW2 was not as good as the first one. Not a huge decline, but a disappointing one none the less. Then I recently replayed them in the GoW Collection, and I felt exactly the opposite. I almost had to drag myself through GoW1, whereas GoW2 was rocking my world (even though the story still went overboard towards the end). I don't know why, but that's how it is now, and so, GoW2 > GoW1 for me right now.

EDIT: Damn it, I guess my reply isn't meaningful then. Yes, there was a definite decline in story and character development, though it wasn't an issue for me until the end of GoW2, where it started twisting waaaaay too many things to fit the story.

jesus kung fu magic said:
Akvod said:
In what terms? Story?

OO yea should ahve put that in the OP.....yes in story and the character development of kratos.

IDK, I think that modern style character development was shunned in exchange of invoking the images of the old Greek epics (like Achilles). I also think the story is simple, but the presentation (imagery, music, etc), voice acting, etc makes it much more interesting (Gladiator's story was simple. Yet it was an awesome story telling).

Around the Network

you hate the direction because of the directors.

you hated the stories because of the writers

you hated the graphics because of the designers.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

God of War 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> God of War.

psrock said:
you hate the direction because of the directors.

you hated the stories because of the writers

you hated the graphics because of the designers.

Sarcasm?

Its the change in directors , I never knew that for each iteration there was a different director directing and thats probably why GOW2 was far less enjoyable for me compared to GOW1.....

Does anyone feel the same way I do if they felt there was a decline between in the series? (between GOW1 and GOW 2)

200% agree but the word "hate" is too strong

in GoW1 : there is a reason WHY you do what you do

in GoW2 : free kill/rage, you play a crazy guy with no brain

in Gow3: the same (guess)

Neverthless : even with a less interesting story/character developpement
GoW games are amazingly good and d onot deserve your "hate"

Time to Work !

libellule said:

200% agree but the word "hate" is too strong

in GoW1 : there is a reason WHY you do what you do

in GoW2 : free kill/rage, you play a crazy guy with no brain

in Gow3: the same (guess)

Neverthless : even with a less interesting story/character developpement
GoW games are amazingly good and d onot deserve your "hate"

Theres a difference between hating the direction a game takes and hating a game in its entirety......I never said I hated GOW2 , just the direction it took and how it handled the story.