By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I don't like IV at all in Pokemon games!

I was reading on IVs in pokemon games on different forums and for what I understand I find them pretty lame.

I think it just encourage no life gamers to hyper breed until they get a good pokemon. I think EV and nature are OK, but somewhere, pokemon games are about creating a team, raise it and build a strategy. Having to breed endlessly is just boring. But some people will use that to have  way more chances to win. Anyway I guess making a perfectly balanced game is just very hard.

Also that would be great if someone could help me with IV calculator. I am not sure if I got it right. First you have a line for "stats". What do you put there? Total stats, or the number it raised with a level up?  And the other line for EPs. Is it for total ev you put in a stat? The only way that seems to work on serebii, it gives me some red numbers (in the stats I Ev trained). I feel dumb at the moment. Please help.

Around the Network

You should put the stats the pokemon are on level 100(for biggest accuracy) and without EVs(again, for the biggest accuracy) but you can also EV train them and still be able to calculate the IVs

PD: I have a garchomp with 31 IV on Speed and attack and tha nature is jolly =)

I myself would like to have the whole concept of IV's explained to me, how they differ from EV's, all that. I've never been a fan of breeding at all

Nature can piss off, i say. Damn crapshoot of determining whether you have optimum pokemon or not.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

I myself would like to have the whole concept of IV's explained to me, how they differ from EV's, all that. I've never been a fan of breeding at all

Nature can piss off, i say. Damn crapshoot of determining whether you have optimum pokemon or not.

Actually, EV are stats bonus that your pokemon win when he fight other pokemon. So giving only rare candies to a pokemon would make him have no EV and then lack something like 126 stats in attack, special attack, HP or whatever. IV are just the genetic skills of your pokemon. So having a pokemon with very good IV is just pure luck OR you can breed with differents factors that raise the chance to have a pokemon with good IV. Mix this with nature and you have the pure opportunity for no-life to raise greatly their chances to win. But I guees it like that in a lot of games. Anyway, Pokemon is just grat lol.

MANUELF said:
You should put the stats the pokemon are on level 100(for biggest accuracy) and without EVs(again, for the biggest accuracy) but you can also EV train them and still be able to calculate the IVs

Garchomp is uber now

Around the Network
MANUELF said:

I like the Pokemon games, and I don't even know what any of this means.

Mr. Fister said:
MANUELF said:

I like the Pokemon games, and I don't even know what any of this means.

You are not alone ...

Mr Khan said:

IVs are pretty old. You played Red, Blue, or Yellow, right?

travis said:
MANUELF said:

Garchomp is uber now

Don't dare remind this

I still can use it for friends battles

i really hate the system that they use for it. to be honest, i just use an action replay to get the iv's that i want. i'm not about to waste that much time getting perfect pokemon especially now that i don't really play them much anymore.