By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III - 94 on MetaCritic! 4th highest rated PS3 game

43 reviews are in for God of War III and it's sitting at a 94 in Metacritic right now. It's tied with other games like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Bioshock. Now there will be more reviews so the score could still go up (or maybe even down) so let's keep are fingers crossed that we get some more positive reviews.

Here's the link for it

Around the Network

It is without a doubt an AAA game with universal acclaim, what more can we want? (release date tomorrow?)

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

The videos I've seen are, without a doubt, the most amazing in-game footage I've ever seen. It has to be one of the PS3's brightest stars.

They have a big marketing budget so of course they'll get good scores. As this game has one of the biggest marketing budgets it'll probably score amongst the highest games of the generation. Insert any game with big budget marketing and you'll see a lot of lenient reviews.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Do reviews really matter for god of war? Its another Halo, GT, Mario...it will do well and you want to play it even if it reviews at 60.

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
They have a big marketing budget so of course they'll get good scores. As this game has one of the biggest marketing budgets it'll probably score amongst the highest games of the generation. Insert any game with big budget marketing and you'll see a lot of lenient reviews.

Final Fantasy XIII?

Gilgamesh said:
Twistedpixel said:

Final Fantasy XIII?

Was always going to happen, the wind has changed and JRPG games just don't get the same scores they used to.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

The unprecedented size of fanbase for this game is most important rather than reviews, and important in terms of PS3's exclusivity..

It will go down or maintain i think.
It will definitely not go up but it is likely to maintain the 94 score.
60% 94
40% 91-93

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Twistedpixel said:
Gilgamesh said:
Twistedpixel said:

Final Fantasy XIII?

Was always going to happen, the wind has changed and JRPG games just don't get the same scores they used to.

What about Too Human