By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is there soo much negativity in any 360 related thread?

^^^ I did i nthe Metro 2033 thread, and the repsonse was...well, it's a Selnor thread...lol. And the mods are okay with it...kinda like the NBA is okay with other teams fouling Shaq on everyplace, and not calling it, but blowing the whistle when it looked at them hard.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PS3 was the laughing stock of the gaming industry for good reason; Sony wasn't focused on gaming and it showed (because in truth they don't give a damn about gaming). As far as the 360's concerned, Microsoft has done so much wrong, yet did so much more right and compared to Sony, they've done leaps and bounds more for the gaming community inspiring Sony to follow suit this gen. Nintendo has done their share this gen with innovation of tech which has inspired both Microsoft and Nintendo. I was an admittedly blind Sony loyalist last gen, but eventually after taking economy class I realized it's pointless to focus so much on a brand company as they are less about gaming and are more about controlling true gaming companies which make the games. Nintendo is the only true gaming company that makes systems and makes the games from the inside.

Sony fanboys jump on Microsoft like they stole something from the industry, when they are just as relevant, if not more than Sony if you think about it as a whole (and not just their vendetta with Sony). This gen has proven that Microsoft can make sure their community gets quality games in bulk and keep them coming for a full year unlike last gen, where you received a good game once in a while. Microsoft is basically in essence the PS2 of this gen because of their ability to pull in so many games from so many 3rd party devs but actually are majorly responsible for the huge turn in PC games showing up on consoles. In essence they have more genres. Next gen might show off something different, but as far as this gen Sony is doing better, but nothing has changed for Microsoft whom has remained steadfast this gen. This is what Sony fanboys cannot stand. After God of War 3 releases the PS3 will have a severe drought until GT5 comes out at the end of the year.

Now you just sound like you have a personal vendetta with Sony. You would have thought they killed a member of your family.

Enjoy the games people, damn.

I don't have a vendetta with Sony. I focus on Sony's every move that  is made public enough for gamers to see, yet ignore. While they ignore I keep things in mind. Sony always got the benefit of the doubt because of their third party dominance. I could tell you about a convo I had with a Sony fanboy friend of mine. I am a fanboy of no brand, but I do give emphasis on the negatives and positives of a company and what they've been doing.  I don't know why that is such a problem. If you think what I am saying is wrong just call me out on it so I can give specifics.

You do as you please, but don't expect the same in return from fans of other consoles. The way you keep an eye on Sony's every move, many gamers do it with Nintendo and Microsoft. I'm saying something simple, be fair. Don't pretend that Sony is the only compamny with dirt on their hands, or that the Sony fanbase is the only set of people that are "blind" and/or "trouble makers". Since you can't take care of every type of fan, I say let it be and enjoy games.

Why bicker about something you have absolutely no power over? Sony fans & Sony themselves aren't going to change because you, S.T.A.G.E., have an issue.

If I attacked every naysayer of HEAVY RAIN, I'd be attacking an entire army. Not worth it when I could be doing onbe better to show support for the game, devs, publishers: playing them.

It's sad that gamers take this shit so damn seriously, enough to turn it into a democracy. Who gives a shit what people think, play and enjoy what's there. It's no wonder why fans of other medias consider video gamers "laughing stock-geeks of entertainment".

Yes, I too fall prey to useless debates sometimes, I'm no Saint. But I also have all the consoles and can debate about them reasonably, despite my preference to Sony. At the same time, you won't find me making threads about fans of consoles I don't favor, or belittling those who think different from me. Gaming is far beyond that.

The most important part of what you wrote is the first paragraph, so I will respond to those in parts:

-Green highlight response: I am a fan of no console. I am a will respect the console with the most games.

- Red highlight response: I have called out Microsoft and Nintendo for stupid moves. Seriously....are you going to say they made more mistakes than Sony? Sony proved such a neglect to their fans. Of course it goes unnoticed because Sony is synonymous with "quality". In truth they are a quality company, but quality is also subjective. If i didn't believe they had quality I wouldn't have a PS3.

- Blue highlight response: I hate to break it to you, but it is a well known fact in the gaming industry that Sony fanboys are the most loyal and the most blind. You could have a logical argument with them, win it and they would still remain in the box.

The rest:

- I am not bickering over something I have no power over. It's also not like I am talking about something which is trivial in nature in the industry. I am a fan of the industry who is currently going to school to break into the industry (but thats another subject). I merely conversate views on said subject from my point of view much like yourself. I understand that I have had heavy criticisms of Sony, but then again....it isn't like Sony didn't ask for it. If it's sad that gamers take things seriously to you, then truth you need to not speak to core gamers. Core gamers "care" about multiple aspects of gaming.

because the PS3 Fanboys out number the 360 fanboys?

but don't worry, a few 360 Fanboys speak loud enough to make it about Even

...lol jk!

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

This site is heavily dominated by PS3 fans and PS3 fanboys. If you look at any poll on this site, the Sony category always wins (as long as it shows the product in a positive light). The same goes with N4G, except N4G is almost completely overrun by PS3 fanboys.

That's not to say there are 360 or Wii fans, they're just in the minority on this site. The Wii fans more so than the 360 fans.

jesus kung fu magic said:

Its getting far to rediculous , its like every single 360 thread goes straight to hell after the first couple of posts.......

Like it's been said earlier, It really became bad once the slim was released.

Remember when Ghostbuster's was released on the PS3 and it was a piss poor port?  I could be mistaken but there wasn't a new thread created every hour on how inferior that game was compared to the 360 version.  Same with Bayonetta?  Might have been a couple threads but nothing like what's been going on with FF XIII.  Granted neither one of those games has as big of name as Final Fantasy, but I just don't believe everytime another site post a comparison of the game it warrants a new thread. 

Any person that has a remote interest in playing FFXIII  knows that the PS3 version is the one to get purely based on performance.  But how many people honestly plan on playing both versions side by side?  Do some blurry textures and rougher cutscenes make the game that much less enjoyable on the 360.  My guess is that if your playing the 360 version and don't have access to a PS3 you're going to be perfectly happy playing the 360 version.

Unlike many people on this site, I have no problem stating that the 360 is my favorite console this generation.  I have loved achievements since the first day I played my 360 and I think Live has changed the way console games will be played from here on out.  But this does not blind me to the fact their are great games on every system.  I just finished Heavy Rain and thought it was a fantastic.  I've got God of War 3 reserved and can't wait for Metroid Other M and Mario Galaxy 2 to become available.  I like playing quality games regardless of which system there on.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to criticize a console they never plan on purchasing.  Why not post positive things about the console you like instead?

Around the Network

how could there be anything positive to say about the xbox 360 when you look at this

Whoever owns a PS3 in the US, go buy God of War III on March 16,2010

God of War III will be the 2010 Game of the Year.

Carl2291 said:
heruamon said:
cmeese47 said:
maybe it is because the 360 thread usually try and tout how much better they are then PS3 which drives the sony fan boys crazy especially when the thread is wrong

You mean like the Metro 2033 that made NO MENTION of the PS3 or any PS3 games in the OP, but 2 post in had someone attacking it?

Do you mean the one where it was compared to Fallout 3... Or did i miss something?

"...Something tells me you wouldn't have created this thread if this game was available on the PS3..."

Right off the bat, whammo. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

M.U.G.E.N said:
selnor said:
I think people need to stop with it. It's ruining this site immensely.

There was a comment I disagreed with just tonight in the Sony forums. I PM'd the person in question, as to not derail that thread with 360 fanboy outcomes. If you dont believe me ask CGI. IT was him I PM'd.

IF I'm considered what is the most exastive 360 fan on here and I dont troll Sony forums with games I'm likely never to buy, then why do so many PS fans do it. Hell those loads of Sony threads I disagree with. But you dont se me trolling every Sony thread.

Every single 360 thread gets I reckon 70% posts from Sony fans with no intention of ever buying the game. So why comment? The threads get derailed and then locked by some random mod. Why have the mods not spotted this?

Something needs to change, because it's getting as bad as the GAF.

You of all people should not be the one to talk....most of your the gfx of this game is da best evah threads are full of troll bait and taunting....you Selnor imo is one of the reasons for this whole situation...and I am tlaking about recent activity as I am relatively new...so I 'might' be wrong but that's just my impression

WTF? Seriousy this comment is exactly whats wrong with the site now. There is at least 100 more best PS3 gfx games threads on here with no trolling. Sitting happily in the Sony forums.But when a 360 one opens with actual reviewer or technical backing, it's trolled to high heaven. It's all because Sony shouted a false promise to it's fan. And one they have all run with from day one.Until you see that, this site will stay the same.

kingdaddymaster said:
how could there be anything positive to say about the xbox 360 when you look at this

oh my bad man. you obviously jerk off to kratos and not your ps3. keep it up brah. do me a favor and go easy on the pillows though.

Icyedge said:
Carl2291 said:
Carl2291 said:
Just a quick look at the front page...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103234&page=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103328&page=1

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103221&page=1

None of them have any negativity. And i could find many... Many more.

Do you not see the common denominator in all those threads?

None of those threads even remotely compares itself to anything else not 360 related......you cant show your bias without your preference being in the discussion.....

Its fanboy 101

If something 360 related gets compared to anything else (for example, on PS3), then other people have a right to comment or agree/disagree and let there opinions be known.

Stating your well thought out opinion is one thing but blatently showing your bias is another......here is an event on this site even you will agree with.

Lets say hypothetically that there was a multiplat game that was better on the 360 than the ps3......if someone made a thread about it , it would be pretty calm and there would probably be only one thread talking about it.

Now when a ps3 multiplat is better than its 360 counter part and what do we get? 10 threads about it with people throwing around the words "superior" and "inferior" every chance they get......lest not forget that there were far greater gaps between the multiplat games favouring the 360 with none of this happening.

A reviewer gives a low score to a ps3 game and they become labeled as bias and it becomes a site wide known fact......same thing for a 360 game and nothing happens.

A reviewer says a 360 game is graphically ahead and that thread doesnt last......A dev says the same for a ps3 game and the thread is filled with agreement.

I give a ps3 game a 7.5 and I get hell.....I give a 360 game a 7.5 and it is ignored.

Is it the egg before the chicken or the chicken before the egg?

Of course the chicken, after all who would provide sustinance and warmth for the egg and chick once it hatches?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!