By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is there soo much negativity in any 360 related thread?

RAZurrection said:
libellule said:

ho, you are still alive after I asskicked you in the last thread when you never answered my post ???

What last thread?

libellule said:

- prove me (link) your free claim about Crysis2 being superior on 360 and superior to any console game released ?

I never said it would be superior in this thread although, I basically gather it will be given

1) 99% of all cross-platform games run better on 360 regardless of lead platform

2) Digital Foundrys analysis concludes the engine runs better on 360

3) Crytek's showing the 360 version to the PC media, which leads one to believe given the choice between the 360 and the PS3 version they show the PS3 media, the 360 version was better for showing off.

*Sigh* I'm getting bored in repeatedly posting this

http://translate.google.de/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgames.de%2Faid%2C704486%2FCrysis-2-Themen-Chat-mit-der-PC-Games-Redaktion-Heute-1800-Uhr%2FPC%2FNews%2F&sl=de&tl=en

Proof of console

Zezeri: Did you really cut the gameplay of the presentation from the stool?

Robert Horn: I personally do not. But this was clearly the fact that we have only seen the Xbox version. I just expect more from a Crysis 2 on the PC.

Proof of graphical superiority

If Crysis 2 GSSD come to the graphics of Uncharted 2 on the PS?

Christian Schlütter: Crysis 2 will be on all platforms, the "best looking" game. . That could work. If Crytek all implements what (they make themselves and the technology is there) it will look better than Uncharted 2. However, one must also bear in mind that Uncharted 2 is much more linear than it will be in Crysis. Crytek has a lot more AI, environments, variables calculated.

The same magazines preview also confirmed "The mission was presented on an XBOX 360 and was said to look like the game will push the graphical boundaries on all platforms."

libellule said:

==> you dont have any video (outside the PS3-360 beach video released some time ago that proved both version were similar)
at best you have the bullshot that, we know, mean nothing these days.

Uh the thing being argued is not that the games will be similar, we know they'll run similar, MW2 on PS3 and 360 is similar, but 360 got the nod because it ran much better, why should it be any different here? Wasn't the PS3 supposed to be more powerful? How come games run worse on it than it's older competitor? If it is how come previews are telling us a multiplatform game looks much better then Sonys first party offerings.

First of all that's very subjective on  many thing's because many people may not have the same opinion.

while i respect you an all I think what this all boil's down to is the experience and skill of the developer's and their team:

here is what a developer states who's worked in the industry for quite a while has said:

jim stated in 2007-

In closing

Until we as an industry make an honest effort on the PS3 we will continue to see reviews that claim that the PS3 version of the game is a disappointment, buggy and just downright bad. Given that the game probably is good on the Xbox, this is mostly a reflection on programmers. As we get further and further into the console generation, it will just look embarrassing since you can't really blame it on the launch title syndrome anymore. Games like Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and Ratchet and Clank really show that you can make amazing games on the PS3. What's their secret sauce? They develop exclusively on the PS3, so there is no question that all the technical decisions are made with PS3 in mind. The thing is that we are so early on into the PS3 development that most companies are just using a fraction of what the SPUs can do. The code that runs now on the PS3 could easily be run on the Xbox with little speed difference. As we start to use more and more of the SPUs, the gap will widen and at some point the Xbox will not be able to keep up. Maybe at that point Microsoft will put out a new console based on CELL? But until developers start to treat the PS3 with a healthy respect, then we can continue to see bad ps3 ports delayed. Meanwhile I'm probably going to continue playing Mario on the Wii and forget about the power console war.

who is jim:

About me

About Jim Tilander

Ever since I got my first computer, a Commodore 64, I've been interested in games. After the first few games were thoroughly played, I started to look into programming in Basic. After a little detour where I thought that astronomy was what I would do I slipped back into games development after my Master's Degree and been working ever since in the industry. I've worked in various capacities in a couple of different companies such as Digital Illusions, High Moon Studios and Lucasarts. I currently work at Sony Santa Monica.

The games I've worked on include:

Of course I also play video games. My favorite game though is not some new game with amazing graphics, no the game that lies closest to my heart is the Taito game Bubble Bobble. I first played it on my C64, then the arcade version and the Amiga version. Still to this day I think it's a great game that have truly held the test of time. If you have been living a closet for the last couple of years, this is a definite classic that needs to be checked out. Barring finding a console version of the game, check out this cool clone of the game. And yes, my phone has the game music as the ring signal.

I very much appreciate feedback on these pages, anything really, you can get in touch with me through my email. Feel free to drop me a line!

Jim Tilander

which by the way is pretty much what John Carmack stated:

"On the processing side it's a little bit more complicated, where the main processor on the PS3 is roughly equivalent to one of the three processors on the 360. But then you wind up saying, you have to compare two other symmetric processors on the 360 versus the eight quirky cell processors. And that comes down to one of those questions, where if you just look at the raw numbers, the cells are much more powerful. Many more flops on there, in theory you can do a lot more, but that's where you come to the difference between theory and practice. And given an infinite amount of development time on there, you can craft a program that's gonna work more efficiently on the cells there than on two additional processors on the 360. But given a finite amount of development time, it's much-much easier to get things working well on the 360 than it is on the PS3. And that's pretty much the case across the board." A tougher one to call. For overall processing power the winner is the PS3. For ease of development the winner is the Xbox 360. Let's call this one a draw.

that's the strength of the xbox360 from a 3rd party perspective the ease of development is quicker an net's great result's

but

on the PS3 the net result's can be better with more time put in, but for many 3rd parties the extra time is not worth it!

the point being

1st and 2nd party exploit the PS3 strength's moreso than the 3rd party's because the 3rd party's do not have the resources to do so.

that does not mean that the xbox360 is more powerful than the PS3 it just mean's that the increase in power over the xbox360 may not be worth the extra effort to some 3rd parties.

I could post some more Developer's like Blitz, but you get the IDEA.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
joeorc said:

First of all that's very subjective on  many thing's because many people may not have the same opinion.

while i respect you an all I think what this all boil's down to is the experience and skill of the developer's and their team:

Oh so now opinion is entered into it? Funny that, if it's a PS3 game that raises the graphics bar, it's a fact. But a 360 game (or multiplatform that looks better on 360) does it, it's opinion. What an awful double standard. 

joeorc said:

jim stated in 2007-

2007, Pssh. Get on it and live in the now. The fact that he uses Uncharted 2 and Ratchet as "proof" of any tangable advantage back then is hilarious, might as well add Resistance 1 to the list for the lolz.

joeorc said:

"On the processing side it's a little bit more complicated, where the main processor on the PS3 is roughly equivalent to one of the three processors on the 360. But then you wind up saying, you have to compare two other symmetric processors on the 360 versus the eight quirky cell processors. And that comes down to one of those questions, where if you just look at the raw numbers, the cells are much more powerful. Many more flops on there, in theory you can do a lot more, but that's where you come to the difference between theory and practice. And given an infinite amount of development time on there, you can craft a program that's gonna work more efficiently on the cells there than on two additional processors on the 360. But given a finite amount of development time, it's much-much easier to get things working well on the 360 than it is on the PS3. And that's pretty much the case across the board." A tougher one to call. For overall processing power the winner is the PS3. For ease of development the winner is the Xbox 360. Let's call this one a draw.

This threads already had a bunch of Carmacks comments, far more recent then that article. The thing that needs pointing out here is that people like you and CGI think that the PS3>360 spin is somehow more valid then his 360>PS3 spin, even when there's more of it. Just another example of the fanboyism inherant to any source like Carmack - and Valve - who dare go against it.

joeorc said:

1st and 2nd party exploit the PS3 strength's moreso than the 3rd party's because the 3rd party's do not have the resources to do so.

Crytek seems to disagree, I also doubt we'll be seeing any 60fps open world engines with split-screen to compete with TECH 5 either. They can't even get 60fps in god of war 3.

joeorc said:

that does not mean that the xbox360 is more powerful than the PS3 it just mean's that the increase in power over the xbox360 may not be worth the extra effort to some 3rd parties.

Well I guess then it's up to Sony to prove the power of the PS3 by making games that vastly exceed multiplatform games like Crysis 2 (apparently 0 according to that preview). But hey, it'll only have been 4 years at that point.

joeorc said:

Who?

RAZurrection said:
joeorc said:

Oh so now opinion is entered into it? Funny that, if it's a PS3 game that raises the graphics bar, it's a fact. But a 360 game (or multiplatform that looks better on 360) does it, it's opinion. What an awful double standard. 

joeorc said:

jim stated in 2007-

2007, Pssh. Get on it and live in the now. The fact that he uses Uncharted 2 and Ratchet as "proof" of any tangable advantage back then is hilarious, might as well add Resistance 1 to the list for the lolz.

joeorc said:

This threads already had a bunch of Carmacks comments, far more recent then that article. The thing that needs pointing out here is that people like you and CGI think that the PS3>360 spin is somehow more valid then his 360>PS3 spin, even when there's more of it. Just another example of the fanboyism inherant to any source like Carmack - and Valve - who dare go against it.

joeorc said:

Crytek seems to disagree, I also doubt we'll be seeing any 60fps open world engines with split-screen to compete with TECH 5 either. They can't even get 60fps in god of war 3.

joeorc said:

Well I guess then it's up to Sony to prove the power of the PS3 by making games that vastly exceed multiplatform games like Crysis 2 (apparently 0 according to that preview). But hey, it'll only have been 4 years at that point.

joeorc said:

Who?

does it matter: the brick keep's hitting you in the head, but your skull is just too d@mn thick..

there is no point going forward, when someone cherry pick's, you cannot change their mind no matter what anyone else can say, even when the proof is very sound.

plese for the love of god kill this soon to be dead horse.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:

does it matter: the brick keep's hitting you in the head, but your skull is just too d@mn thick..

LMAO. So 1 Carmack quote = truth, but 4-5 saying the opposite and you accuse me of not listening. That's precious, it really is. Just goes to show the inherant bias of some people.

joeorc said:

there is no point going forward, when someone cherry pick's, you cannot change their mind no matter what anyone else can say, even when the proof is very sound.

No-ones answering the question. Why does Carmacks old, few statements about PS3>360 overule his recent, legion statements about 360>PS3? Talk about putting your fingers in your ears.

joeorc said:

And once again whenever a 360 graphics thread talks about raising the bar, the usual suspects come in requesting it be closed for fear that is spreads.

RAZurrection said:
joeorc said:

LMAO. So 1 Carmack quote = truth, but 4-5 saying the opposite and you accuse me of not listening. That's precious, it really is. Just goes to show the inherant bias of some people.

joeorc said:

No-ones answering the question. Why does Carmacks old, few statements about PS3>360 overule his recent, legion statements about 360>PS3? Talk about putting your fingers in your ears.

joeorc said:

And once again whenever a 360 graphics thread talks about raising the bar, the usual suspects come in requesting it be closed for fear that is spreads.

CARMACK:

FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE!

IE:

"from our perspective," the speaker is acknowledging that others may see things differently, or may completely disagree. "Not a bad fix" isn't as good as "a good fix," and adding "short-term" is a further caveat. By making a weaker, heavier, more redundant sentence, the speaker makes a weaker statement of support. It's deliberate.

GET THAT!

IT'S FROM THEIR PERSPECTIVE:

QUOTED 2009'

JOHN-

FROM THERE PERSPECTIVE!

GOD THE BRICK KEEP'S HITTING YOU ON THE HEAD BUT YOUR SKULL IS JUST TOO D@MN THICK

I AM BOLO

ps:

Around the Network
joeorc said:
RAZurrection said:
joeorc said:

joeorc said:

joeorc said:

CARMACK:

FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE!

IE:

"from our perspective," the speaker is acknowledging that others may see things differently, or may completely disagree. "Not a bad fix" isn't as good as "a good fix," and adding "short-term" is a further caveat. By making a weaker, heavier, more redundant sentence, the speaker makes a weaker statement of support. It's deliberate.

GET THAT!

QUOTED 2009'

JOHN-

FROM THERE PERSPECTIVE!

GOD THE BRICK KEEP'S HITTING YOU ON THE HEAD BUT YOUR SKULL IS JUST TOO D@MN THICK

Joerc your reading 2 very different things. If other Sony fans have stepped off, why are you unable to appreciate your wrong?

Cant wait to see your spin on Alan Wake best grpahics ever on consoles from reviewers.

heruamon said:
selnor said:

Anyone want more further proof, 360 threads get trolled almost instantly?

Here is a thread no less than 10 mins old. And look at the first post, by a known PS3 fan.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103649&page=1&str=1595985184#5

The thread is a goddamn preview. And yet another thread already tried to be derailed. It's a BLOODY JOKE!

I'll do you one better Selnor, I got BANNED for calling a 2-post troller a troll...I couldn't believe it.  He trolls a thread, with a comment that makes ZERO sense, and I said somethign to the effect of, you're 2 post into VGC and your already trolling...and I got banned for that...lol.  This site is going to the pits, if they didn't have the best tracking data, I wouldn't waste my time here any longer.  My advice to you is to stay out of threads as much as you can, and when you see ANYTHING red in a signature, don't respond to them, since basically a red psoter can call you a fucking moron and you can report it, and nothing will happen (factual story by the way).

You got banned for that?

He was trolling no two ways about it. In fact you didn't call him a troll you was saying to me it looks like a troll in the making which was right. I have reported a few people for worse and nothing so your comment should have been fine.

oldschoolfool said:
selnor said:

Anyone want more further proof, 360 threads get trolled almost instantly?

Here is a thread no less than 10 mins old. And look at the first post, by a known PS3 fan.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103649&page=1&str=1595985184#5

The thread is a goddamn preview. And yet another thread already tried to be derailed. It's a BLOODY JOKE!

You can't take what people say personally. I get slammed all the time for my lack of spelling and grammar,but I just ignore all those people for the most part.

Oh god Internet grammar nazis are really pathetic. Just take some solace in the fact that if they have to focus on your spelling or grammar it's because they don't have a rebuttle for you argument.

Or read their comments and you'll quickly find grammatical errors.

selnor said:
joeorc said:
RAZurrection said:
joeorc said:

joeorc said:

joeorc said:

CARMACK:

FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE!

IE:

GET THAT!

QUOTED 2009'

JOHN-

FROM THERE PERSPECTIVE!

Joerc your reading 2 very different things. If other Sony fans have stepped off, why are you unable to appreciate your wrong?

Cant wait to see your spin on Alan Wake best grpahics ever on consoles from reviewers.

we agree to disagree.

FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE!

IE:

horse is dead...

I AM BOLO

ps:

Jesus, this thread is still going?

It's just that simple.