By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I buy the new DSi XL?

Should I buy the new DSi XL?

You're going to get it s... 24 57.14%

Maybe later on, with price-drops / bundles 5 11.90%

Nope, it's not worth it 6 14.29%

Get "Darthdevidem makes ... 4 9.52%

Total:39

I need your help once again, fellow Vgcharters!

I just came by my local retailer, and saw the magnificent DSi XL! Now, with FFXIII arriving via mail today or tomorrow, and with the pretty tough economical situation here in Greece lately, I'm reluctant as to if I should get this beauty now or later on, as I'm a huge Nintendo handheld freak.

Cast your votes, people!

Around the Network

Get it now! It's going to be GARGANTUAN!

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:

I'm *this* close to withdrawing money from my account to rush and get it. I'm such a handheld freak, I have a DS, DSLite, DSi, PSP, PSP-2000! Are you getting XL?

if you don't own a DS already then it's worth it...otherwise why waste your money on a bigger screen with no gba port

I don't know why people are using the GBA port excuse.
I don't even have time to play a fraction of the DS games and the GBA slot is going to help me how?

I've owned the DSL for 3 years and have never once used the GBA slot.

By the time I finish 1 game, I've missed 5+ games and that keeps on adding up.

OT: Since you already have numerous DSes, go for FF13 and get the DSiXL later.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
SmokedHostage said:

I'm *this* close to withdrawing money from my account to rush and get it. I'm such a handheld freak, I have a DS, DSLite, DSi, PSP, PSP-2000! Are you getting XL?

Yes, on Saturday the 28th.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Galaki said:
I don't know why people are using the GBA port excuse.
I don't even have time to play a fraction of the DS games and the GBA slot is going to help me how?

I've owned the DSL for 3 years and have never once used the GBA slot.

By the time I finish 1 game, I've missed 5+ games and that keeps on adding up.

OT: Since you already have numerous DSes, go for FF13 and get the DSiXL later.

Yup, likewise, who on earth would get a Fat PS3 instead just to play PS2 games? The only reason the lack of a GBA port would be really bad, would be games like Guitar Hero DS that use the port.

I don't see why anyone would want it. It's anything BUT portable.
Do you have a DSi? If you do, then don't waste your time with the same thing that just got bigger.

Xen said:
Do you have a DSi? If you do, then don't waste your time with the same thing that just got bigger.

Actually, it is quite portable. I take mine with me all the time, so I can play on the train to and from work. Most of the +150hrs I put into DQIX was time away from home. I just started playing DQVI on it and I've only played it on the go so far. It's not that much bigger than my DS Lite and I have no problems just tossing it into my backpack with me. I've had mine since the JP Launch day.

My DSi LL (XL) >>> FF13.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Xen said:

Actually, it is quite portable. I take mine with me all the time, so I can play on the train to and from work. Most of the +150hrs I put into DQIX was time away from home. I just started playing DQVI on it and I've only played it on the go so far. It's not that much bigger than my DS Lite and I have no problems just tossing it into my backpack with me. I've had mine since the JP Launch day.

My DSi LL (XL) >>> FF13.

Funny. Since I got a job, I also play my lite mostly on the way there, at breaks, and the way home. It's just that not everyone walks around with a bag or backpack... I put my lite in my shirt pocket, the XL would never fit lol.