By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is it worth getting a PS3 just for these 2 games at the moment?

Yeah I can only afford those 2 games right now, I plan on picking more up later on.
And they aren't $60 a piece, VC is $20. But still doesn't help me.

Around the Network

No. Don't be like everyone else on this site. Learn to delay gratification and you'll both lead a much happier and more successful life and pay less for things. I suggest you wait for a really fantastic deal with a PS3 and 1/2 games for free whilst saving up for a little bit more money.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

There is nothing wrong with being a late adopter. If there's only two ps3 games you're interested in you may want to hold out for a price drop as you already own two current generation systems.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

its not only a gaming system. i cant believe you dont own a ps3 yet

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ameratsu said:
There is nothing wrong with being a late adopter. If there's only two games you're currently interested in for ps3 you may want to hold out considering you already own two current generation systems.

I'm not only interested in two games currently, I can only afford two games currently. There is easily over 10 games I want to get on the PS3, and I don't have a 360 so I want many multiplats like Bioshock, Dead Space, Eternal Sonata and others.

Around the Network

I think anyone who reads my posts would know I prefer my 360 over my PS3, but I will tell you my honest opinion on those two games:

1) Valkyria Chronicles is really good. Damn good. OF all JRPG type games I've played this gen it is a STRONG 2nd. Highly recommend that game.

2) Battlefield 2 "demo" was a cluster-fuck IMO. So it turned me off to the game. Folks I played with mostly just ran around ignoring team objectives. However, I'm willing to admit I only DID play the demo so if you play with people you know/the full game, it might go better.

I have only kept 3 games for my PS3 (played others but traded them back in): Uncharted 1 & 2, and Valkyria Chronicles, and I don't regret my purchase.

i say yes but pick up little big planet instead of bcf2
i think it is cheaper now and believe me it's a great game
vc also is awesome
Also you can download tons of demos
Enjoy

Saruk said:
ameratsu said:
There is nothing wrong with being a late adopter. If there's only two games you're currently interested in for ps3 you may want to hold out considering you already own two current generation systems.

I'm not only interested in two games currently, I can only afford two games currently. There is easily over 10 games I want to get on the PS3, and I don't have a 360 so I want many multiplats like Bioshock, Dead Space, Eternal Sonata and others.

Well you either didn't mention this in the OP or I did a poor job skimming it.  I was under the impression that apart from those two games there wasn't a whole lot you wanted to play. If there's 10 games you want now, go for it.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Well I don't have a HD TV yet, getting a family one soon so I'll be able to use it.

And I already had a DVD player so the Blueray player has no use to me yet, and I don't plan on using it for music.

go for it but dont forget to buy final fantasy, god of war 3, heavy rain and uncharted when you get the chance