By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
haxxiy said:
Man that dude called Alonso is wicked good haha. He went to last, recovered all the way until Massa, held Hamilton for over ten laps until the McLaren driver crashed into Webber. Button and Kubica were also geniouses, knowing how to handle the tires all the way to the end, not to mention Button's fantastic move at the beginning.

I feel bad for Vettel and Schumacher though.

No doubt! Alonso is a demon...!

Fantastic race ... Vettel unlucky AGAIN???

There is no Knowledge that is not Power

Around the Network

excellent race, hopefully Malaysia race will be just as good.
Hoping for better luck for Vettel.

semi off-topic I must admit mixed feelings this season...I'm a huge Alonso fan, yet I dislike Ferrari intensely. What to do?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

haxxiy said:
Man that dude called Alonso is wicked good haha. He went to last, recovered all the way until Massa, held Hamilton for over ten laps until the McLaren driver crashed into Webber. Button and Kubica were also geniouses, knowing how to handle the tires all the way to the end, not to mention Button's fantastic move at the beginning.

I feel bad for Vettel and Schumacher though.

Wow. How can someone watch something so different.

1stly : Alonso made 11 places up over 1 pitstop. Puretiming on the teams part nothing more. He got lucky and made another 3 places up due to 3 cars crashing out. when Webber went off he made up another and Mclaren bringing Lewis in for a NOT needed 2nd pitstop was another free place. Dont get me wrong, Alonso is a great driver. But he did absolutely nothing to get himself in 4th. Also Alonso was in the wrong for the first corner.

2ndly : Lewis didnt crash into Webber. Webber was 100% in the wrong, misjudged the battle in front of him and left himself no room to break. He broke to late when the car had very little downforce tucked into Lewis that it was inevitable Webber would hit Lewis. A schoolboy error.

Button was lucky. I know people are giving him cred and all, but he had killed his inters. He had to pit regardless. It was either another set of inters or Slicks. He had to go slicks really, because otherwise he would had to have made another pitstp 2-3 laps later for slicks anyway meaning he would have had an extra pitstop that noone else would have had. The choice Mclaren are actually refferring to is Whether he wanted the slicks or another set of Inters. He didnt really have a choice as Inters would have been a mistake. He didnt 'choose' to come in when he did, he had to because his laptimes were more than 1 second off of Lewis at the time.

Kubica was lucky first corner giving him several postions. Defense was his game. Had Lewis not have been brought in, he would have been 3rd. It was obvious to see. Although he did better defending than Rosberg, Button, Massa and Webber all did against Lewis.

Alonso also was likely have lost out to Lewis on the following corner. Watch the replay where Lewis is hit by Webber. As Alonso carries on, he his wide and struggles for grip. So much so, that Rosberg who was well behind Webber was nose to tail with Alonso in the very next corner. Lewis had set up so he had the run down the inside just as Webber hit him. Alonso would definately have lost the position to Lewis struggling for grip as Alonso did after defending that corner. Lewis had the line, as Rosberg showed.

Driver of the day in Bahrain was Alonso. But Australia was Lewis by a country mile. Even Steffan said Lewis was impressive as did Mercedes GP Rosbergs engineer. Stunning was the word he used.

No need to say your point of view because I know exactly what's behind it and it isn't nice. You Hamilton guys are like Massa fans over here. All talk and no action, always blaming the others for incountable failures like the whole universe was conspirating against your favorite driver and a trillion coincidences happened at the same time to the others. Go back and look at the races of your own favorite driver before start picking on Alonso, Kubica and Webber.

haxxiy said:

No need to say your point of view because I know exactly what's behind it and it isn't nice. You Hamilton guys are like Massa fans over here. All talk and no action, always blaming the others for incountable failures like the whole universe was conspirating against your favorite driver and a trillion coincidences happened at the same time to the others. Go back and look at the races of your own favorite driver before start picking on Alonso, Kubica and Webber.

Although I am a Lewis fan, I am an F1 fan foremost. What I stated was merely on the Australian GP at the weekend. I for 1 will be the first to say when Lewis makes mistakes. And he has made his far share. But the AUS GP on the weekend was vastly different than has been said here.

To mention Kubica, Button and Alonso for great drives on Sun and not Lewis is wrong. Alonso has had many great drives with lower finishes with elements completely not down to him to. Without a doubt Lewis drove fantastic on Sunday, just the fact he was overtaking hard opponents said alot about his race that day. He was extremely unlucky. Others were good, but had lots of luck involved. Button had to much credit for something many F1 fans will say he had littl control over. I knew before he pitted he was gonna be first just by his laptimes for example.

Dont put me in the bracket of LEwis fans in the UK. We support our own, but many of us dont support blindly. He is not the best ever. He has the potential, just like Shui, Aryton and Mansell had the potential when they were in their 4th seasons. They werent greatthen. They were potentials at that point.

Around the Network

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/results/8498656.stm

Hamilton fastest in 1st and 2nd practice

Qualifying went badly...stupid rain -_-

Qualifying

Saturday, 3 April 2010

Pos Country Driver Car Team Q1 Q2 Q3
1 australia Mark Webber 6 Red Bull-Renault 1:51.886 1:48.210 1:49.327
2 germany Nico Rosberg 4 Mercedes GP 1:52.560 1:47.417 1:50.673
3 germany Sebastian Vettel 5 Red Bull-Renault 1:47.632 1:46.828 1:50.789
4 germany Adrian Sutil 14 Force India-Mercedes 1:49.479 1:47.085 1:50.914
5 germany Nico Hulkenberg 10 Williams-Cosworth 1:49.664 1:47.346 1:51.001
6 poland Robert Kubica 11 Renault 1:46.283 1:46.951 1:51.051
7 brazil Rubens Barrichello 9 Williams-Cosworth 1:50.301 1:48.371 1:51.511
8 germany Michael Schumacher 3 Mercedes GP 1:52.239 1:48.400 1:51.717
9 japan Kamui Kobayashi 23 BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1:48.467 1:47.792 1:51.767
10 italy Vitantonio Liuzzi 15 Force India-Mercedes 1:49.922 1:48.238 1:52.254
11 russia Vitaly Petrov 12 Renault 1:47.952 1:48.760
12 spain Pedro de la Rosa 22 BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1:47.153 1:48.771
13 switzerland Sebastien Buemi 16 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:48.945 1:49.207
14 spain Jaime Alguersuari 17 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:48.655 1:49.464
15 finland Heikki Kovalainen 19 Lotus-Cosworth 1:52.875 1:52.270
16 germany Timo Glock 24 Virgin-Cosworth 1:52.398 1:52.520
17 great britain Jenson Button 1 McLaren-Mercedes 1:52.211 1:52.211
18 italy Jarno Trulli 18 Lotus-Cosworth 1:52.884

19 spain Fernando Alonso 8 Ferrari 1:53.044

20 great britain Lewis Hamilton 2 McLaren-Mercedes 1:53.050

21 brazil Felipe Massa 7 Ferrari 1:53.283

22 india Karun Chandhok 20 Hispania-Cosworth 1:56.299

23 brazil Bruno Senna 21 Hispania-Cosworth 1:57.269

24 brazil Lucas di Grassi 25 Virgin-Cosworth 1:59.977

Malaysia Race Results:

1. Vettel (Red Bull)
2. Webber (Red Bull)
3. Rosberg (Mercedes)
4. Kubica (Renault)
5. Sutil (Force India)
6. Hamilton (McLaren)
7. Massa (Ferrari)
8. Button (McLaren)
9. Algesuari (Toro Rosso)
10. Hulkenberg (Williams)

my thoughts: good race, everywhere but the very front of the grid saw lots of action, Hamilton easily driver of the day, 20th to 6th and could have done even better.

selnor said:
haxxiy said:

Although I am a Lewis fan, I am an F1 fan foremost. What I stated was merely on the Australian GP at the weekend. I for 1 will be the first to say when Lewis makes mistakes. And he has made his far share. But the AUS GP on the weekend was vastly different than has been said here.

To mention Kubica, Button and Alonso for great drives on Sun and not Lewis is wrong. Alonso has had many great drives with lower finishes with elements completely not down to him to. Without a doubt Lewis drove fantastic on Sunday, just the fact he was overtaking hard opponents said alot about his race that day. He was extremely unlucky. Others were good, but had lots of luck involved. Button had to much credit for something many F1 fans will say he had littl control over. I knew before he pitted he was gonna be first just by his laptimes for example.

Dont put me in the bracket of LEwis fans in the UK. We support our own, but many of us dont support blindly. He is not the best ever. He has the potential, just like Shui, Aryton and Mansell had the potential when they were in their 4th seasons. They werent greatthen. They were potentials at that point.

Eh. I took a long time to answer because I thought you would come overboard like I did in my answer lol. I have to agree Hamilton is a great driver - he's extremely good when comes to overtaking, deserved 2008's championship and brings excitement to otherwise boring races.

Ahem. Changing subject to present race.

Man, that Alonso guy is wicked good! Five laps on the race's top 10 with damaged gearbox and a full 0.6s above Massa's best time (which got seventh and the leadership by circumstances unlikely to repeat). Too bad he broke in the last laps...

Button showed again he's somewhat good at handling old tyres. Good performance for Kubica, Rosberg and the Force Indias. No need to mention the RBRs, just took their cars calmly through the race and into the top spots.

Schumacher kept his Raikkonen-like luck from the last race it seems. Bad days for him even though he finally closed on Rosberg on the pratices. Still lacking attitude on the races though. 

the melbourne GP was great wasn't it,i thought,best race i've watched in ages

and webber was at fault for the crash,surely

anyways should be a very close season,although vettel looks strong if the car finishes

the ferraris,mclarens and redbulls will be hard to beat obviously,mercerdes will get it right soonish too

man that red bull guy sure spends some money on F! doesn't he,he must be minted

Above & Beyond