By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

^ while i agree that there was tampering involved in that race, alonso did prove that he was the fastest man on the track in all the practice sessions. i guess he just needed a little push in order to win the race, because it's very difficult to overtake in singapore.

nevertheless, alonso is still the best in my view. he's the only driver i know who gets random wins like that in a horrid car, and outperforms his teammate by miles and miles ahead. most teams have a number 1 driver who consistently outperforms his teammate by a few places. alonso absolutely destroys his teammate each time.

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
^ while i agree that there was tampering involved in that race, alonso did prove that he was the fastest man on the track in all the practice sessions. i guess he just needed a little push in order to win the race, because it's very difficult to overtake in singapore.

nevertheless, alonso is still the best in my view. he's the only driver i know who gets random wins like that in a horrid car, and outperforms his teammate by miles and miles ahead. most teams have a number 1 driver who consistently outperforms his teammate by a few places. alonso absolutely destroys his teammate each time.

well, im from the UK, so I follow any UK drivers who take part (this season, as last, thats just 2: Hamilton and Button, at the same team is for me)

anyway, it should be a cracking season, if the teams are close together even more so, you have Hamilton, Alonso, Schumacher, Button, Red Bull's drivers could both do something too, im really hyped for next week ^_^

zexen_lowe said:
tarheel91 said:
No US F1 made me QQ. Looking forward to the season nonetheless.

Don't talk to me about it, we were supposed to have an Argentinian driver after 8 years without one

Shame those idiots didn't really have a plan to make a car in time

From what I read, a lot of it was one guy, Anderson's, fault.  He micromanaged everything and severely slowed down progress.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/drivers_and_teams/default.stm

^if you want more info on teams/drivers, the BBC coverage is generally good imo.

also, on Friday:

Formula 1
BBC Live Video coverage (UK users only):
0655-0835 The Bahrain Grand Prix: Practice 1
1055-1235 The Bahrain Grand Prix: Practice 2

Cannot wait for the new season.

I'm going to cheer for my main man Robert Kubica obviously, hopefuly Renault will provide him with a decent car

Around the Network

First time in years when there is no Finnish driver driving in top teams (if you don't count Rosberg) so I am not so hyped for the season as usually. I will still of course follow the season with interest and I hope that Massa destroyes Alonso. It is funny to see how Alonso and Schumacher react to it that their team mates are allowed to race against them.... I guess I root for Rosberg because he is half finnish... =P

Nico Rosberg is classed as German, but he does have dual nationality.

I can't wait to see how Schumacher gets on, and I'm hoping that Massa has a great season after last year.

Alonso and Schumacher are going to own. Pity Räikkönen isn't racing this year, he was the best of them all, just a bit lazy at times. Uh, most of it.

It will be fun to see the bad teams lagging behind. Well, not fun at all since some of their racers actually deserved something better. I hope Barrichelo and Hamilton provide good lols.

McLarens new wing has got the OK from the FIA - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8558279.stm

McLaren F1 team's car wing design is approved by FIA

McLaren is expected to upgrade the MP4-25 ahead of the season-opener

McLaren's controversial rear wing design has been approved by Formula 1's governing body, the FIA.

Red Bull had sought clarification on a slot on the rear wing which reduces drag and increases straight-line speed.

FIA technical chief Charlie Whiting is understood to have seen the design and to be happy with it.

All 12 teams on the grid have had all their cars passed by scrutineering ahead of Friday's first practice for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

A McLaren spokesman said on Friday that the rear wing design had "never been an issue" although Red Bull team principal Christian Horner claimed earlier it had caused "a bit of a fuss".

606: DEBATE
McFerrari

Any unusual aerodynamic design is more likely to come under the microscope after last season's diffuser row which split the teams.

The legality of the radical 'double-decker diffuser' , pioneered by 2009 constructors' champions Brawn, Toyota and Williams, ended up being settled in F1's Court of Appeal.

But there has been no similar controversy for the opening race of this year's championship.

The results of preliminary scrutineering also removed doubts over the new Hispania team's participation this weekend.

The future of the Spanish team was secured last month after a buyout but the car, which will be driven by F1 rookies Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok, has yet to hit the track after Hispania skipped testing.

They will get their first opportunity to do so when first practice begins at 0700 GMT on Friday.

SFB: good news for McLaren, and good news for Hispania too.

First Practice

Friday, 12 March 2010

Position Country Driver Car number Team Fastest Lap
1 germany Adrian Sutil 14 Force India-Mercedes 1:56.583
2 spain Fernando Alonso 8 Ferrari 1:56.766
3 poland Robert Kubica 11 Renault 1:57.041
4 brazil Felipe Massa 7 Ferrari 1:57.055
5 great britain Jenson Button 1 McLaren-Mercedes 1:57.068
6 great britain Lewis Hamilton 2 McLaren-Mercedes 1:57.163
7 italy Vitantonio Liuzzi 15 Force India-Mercedes 1:57.194
8 germany Nico Rosberg 4 Mercedes GP 1:57.199
9 australia Mark Webber 6 Red Bull-Renault 1:57.255