By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:
KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:

Interesting news going around. Heidfield to drive for Sauber, and Kimi contacted Renault about a place in the grid next year.

As long as he doesn't require an impossibly high salary, the place will surely be his... and if Webber indeed wins the championship, we could have as much as six world champs next year racing. That would be amazing.

I seriously doubt that Kimi would return to F1 and especially with Renault. He has said that if he returns someday he wants winner car. Renault isn't winner car. That news is probably just Renault trying to get other drivers to lower their salary demands.

I'm not sure of that. Kimi was supposed to race this year, but everyone just turned him down because he was a massive asshole when it come to requirements: winning car, less PR hours and massive salary. Basically, everything for nothing. Then he turned to Rally and look what happened to him - got not even a shadow of what he hoped for besides maybe a "funnier" environment.

Besides he's the one searching Renault and not the other way around. But who knows, only time will tell. He may genuinely want that place on the grid, but can his stuff be a match for Petrov's russian money?

It was pretty much Mclaren or nothing after last year. Red Bull already had drivers and we didn't know about Mercedes own team. He didn't even look other options in F1 so it is wrong to say that everyone turned him down. About Rally. He has done just fine considering circumstances. It's his first year against guys that have driven rally whole their life. He didn't expect that he would be able to win in first year or even get to the podium and he has said this several times. Next year when they chance cars completely and he is able to drive rallys with already existing notes we will probably see completely different results. That is if he continues within rally and I believe he does. Personally I hope for F1 return (more interesting to me)but I just don't believe it considering that he has said several times this year that F1 is too much about non driving matters and if he returns he wants winner car.

Well, it is known for sure he was contacted by Toyota before they pulled out and by the new teams, and most likely tried something with Mercedes as Button and Heidfield did before Schumi's decision.

Yes, indeed he didn't express desire to return before considering all the main seats were occupied and all. Even if he did want to come back there was nothing to be done about it, and he would come to the media as sad regretful boy, so to speak.

The fact is that he contacted Renault after Kubica's excellent result after SPA and their indecision on keeping Petrov... and by the way, with the tyres changing there's no way to know which team will be the fastest next year. The potential surely is there for Renault almost as much as, say, McLaren or Ferrari. But again, who knows.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:
KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:

Interesting news going around. Heidfield to drive for Sauber, and Kimi contacted Renault about a place in the grid next year.

As long as he doesn't require an impossibly high salary, the place will surely be his... and if Webber indeed wins the championship, we could have as much as six world champs next year racing. That would be amazing.

I seriously doubt that Kimi would return to F1 and especially with Renault. He has said that if he returns someday he wants winner car. Renault isn't winner car. That news is probably just Renault trying to get other drivers to lower their salary demands.

I'm not sure of that. Kimi was supposed to race this year, but everyone just turned him down because he was a massive asshole when it come to requirements: winning car, less PR hours and massive salary. Basically, everything for nothing. Then he turned to Rally and look what happened to him - got not even a shadow of what he hoped for besides maybe a "funnier" environment.

Besides he's the one searching Renault and not the other way around. But who knows, only time will tell. He may genuinely want that place on the grid, but can his stuff be a match for Petrov's russian money?

It was pretty much Mclaren or nothing after last year. Red Bull already had drivers and we didn't know about Mercedes own team. He didn't even look other options in F1 so it is wrong to say that everyone turned him down. About Rally. He has done just fine considering circumstances. It's his first year against guys that have driven rally whole their life. He didn't expect that he would be able to win in first year or even get to the podium and he has said this several times. Next year when they chance cars completely and he is able to drive rallys with already existing notes we will probably see completely different results. That is if he continues within rally and I believe he does. Personally I hope for F1 return (more interesting to me)but I just don't believe it considering that he has said several times this year that F1 is too much about non driving matters and if he returns he wants winner car.

Well, it is known for sure he was contacted by Toyota before they pulled out and by the new teams, and most likely tried something with Mercedes as Button and Heidfield did before Schumi's decision.

Yes, indeed he didn't express desire to return before considering all the main seats were occupied and all. Even if he did want to come back there was nothing to be done about it, and he would come to the media as sad regretful boy, so to speak.

The fact is that he contacted Renault after Kubica's excellent result after SPA and their indecision on keeping Petrov... and by the way, with the tyres changing there's no way to know which team will be the fastest next year. The potential surely is there for Renault almost as much as, say, McLaren or Ferrari. But again, who knows.

Renault is private team nowadays. They are not the same team resource wise as they were in the past when alonso won championships with renault.

KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:
KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:
KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:

Renault is private team nowadays. They are not the same team resource wise as they were in the past when alonso won championships with renault.

There is the rumor that Renault wants to buy it back because of lack of funding by the new owners.

alonso was too quick on sun and did well i thought

what about massa do you think ferrari will drop him next year,not sure how long contracts are and get vettel or something

i actually like massa,wish he'd be more ruthless against alonso,

Above & Beyond

Kynes said:
KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:
KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:
KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:

There is the rumor that Renault wants to buy it back because of lack of funding by the new owners.

^ pretty much what I was going to mention. Kimi or another high-profile driver is a given if Renault gets the team back. Otherwise they are more likely to stick with Petrov's monet.

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

alonso was too quick on sun and did well i thought

what about massa do you think ferrari will drop him next year,not sure how long contracts are and get vettel or something

i actually like massa,wish he'd be more ruthless against alonso,

(Excluding contracts) Felipe Massa is a calm driver that tends to not throw a Championship away, if he secures 2nd for example then he would try and sustain that place as opposed to smashing into the 1st place driver to secure a Grand Prix win. Ferrari can experiment with those contrasting drivers. (Including Contracts) Felipe Massa has been signed up until 2012 (which is currently the latest of all drivers).

Dissapointing result for my preferences, but an exciting race none-the-less... particularly Kubica in the last few laps. He is one of my favourite drivers along with Button, Alonso, Webber and Barrichello.

I think of the current top 5 in the championship I would like it to end (but don't expect it) like this:
Button
Hamilton
Webber
Alonso
Vettel

Aaaand, another raced ruined by idiotic stweards. I'm so fucking pissed now, I almost smashed my ipod to the wall when it said Webber wouldn't be penalized, I mean, what the fuck? It couldn't be clearer, that motherfucking assassin took Hamilton out when he had the position totally lost, and not only by a miracle he got off with the car unharmed while poor Lewis was forced to retire, but he gets a pat in the back? "Good boy, you only took out a driver that had passed you with a perfect overtaking in a circuit where it's impossible to overtake, now go on and "

Fucking morons ruining the championship, is it THAT hard to make good calls? Everyone saw what fucking happened...

yeah, Webber caused the crash, he should have slowed because Hamilton had the clear advantage going into the corner.

I really, really hate Alonso, even more so now he joined Ferrari

TWRoO said:

Dissapointing result for my preferences, but an exciting race none-the-less... particularly Kubica in the last few laps. He is one of my favourite drivers along with Button, Alonso, Webber and Barrichello.

I think of the current top 5 in the championship I would like it to end (but don't expect it) like this:
Button
Hamilton
Webber
Alonso
Vettel

ideally, yes, because I think Hamilton will win more DWC's in future, so be good to see Button win again.

more realistically I hope its this:

Hamilton
Webber
Alonso
Button
Vettel

at the moment I think its like this

Webber 202
Alonso 191
Hamilton 187
Vettel 186
Button 185