By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
slowmo said:

Is it really wise putting Vettel at the back of the grid for the next race so he can pile into the back of several other cars wrecking their race too?  It's about time he got an official reprimand for his wreckless aggressive antics with a suspended 2 race ban if he does it again this year.

Looks like Hamilton's championship now, I'm more of a Button fan so was gutted with todays outcome.  Webbers championship will be wrecked with engine corncerns in last few races and them having to remove the blatantly dubious flexing floor for the next race. 

I prefer Jenson Button over Lewis Hamilton as well. When Sebastian Vettel collided with Button I was quite annoyed. The last driver to be disqualified in a championship was Michael Schumacher, in 1997. This was due to an avoidable collision with Jacques Villeneuve. This means that it is possible for Sebastian Vettel to be disqualified for this year.

Around the Network

Schumacher was disqualified for crashing into Villeneuve intentionally to gain and advantage, Vettel, while reckless and stupid, didn't do it intentionally, just out of stupidity, I don't think it's necessary to go to that extreme...10 places demoting for the next grid would be enough

zexen_lowe said:

Schumacher was disqualified for crashing into Button intentionally to gain and advantage, Vettel, while reckless and stupid, didn't do it intentionally, just out of stupidity, I don't think it's necessary to go to that extreme...10 places demoting for the next grid would be enough

That should of been the penalty applied as it would have served to damage him more than the drive through penalty he got which must have cost him all of 20 seconds if that.  It's not just the fact he's hit my "driver" I'm actually fed up of him getting away with his obvious flaws in his driving ability as Horner once again massages his ego pretending he's done no wrong. 

How many times now has he ran opponents off the road because he cannot keep his emotions in check and drive sensibly.  I might actually have a good think about that and try and see how many of this years drivers he's nerfed off in the last couple of years.

I would add when Schumacher hit Villeneuve there was a clear history of his antics of anything to win and he had been warned by the FIA that any contact would be looked into.  In that instance the penalty applied wasn't severe enough imo, it's obvious second place meant nothing to him so taking those points didn't hurt him.

Abosolutely an awesome qualifying session, its so close and is going to make for a great race tomorrow. Have to give it to alonso even though i cannot stand the man he had been pretty consistent with his lap times in the whole session. Also my hat off to Jensen Button who was also very consistent, how he's managed to be so fast with a high downforce setting on his car i dont know, i have a sneaking suspision that jensen might just take alonso round the the few few corners becuase of this.

Anyhow i cant wait for tomorrows race!!

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Jenson Button had great potential to win at Monza, though he had to pit. A 1-2 was feasible however McLaren (as a whole) made crucial mistakes. 

Around the Network

Interesting news going around. Heidfield to drive for Sauber, and Kimi contacted Renault about a place in the grid next year.

As long as he doesn't require an impossibly high salary, the place will surely be his... and if Webber indeed wins the championship, we could have as much as six world champs next year racing. That would be amazing.

haxxiy said:

Interesting news going around. Heidfield to drive for Sauber, and Kimi contacted Renault about a place in the grid next year.

As long as he doesn't require an impossibly high salary, the place will surely be his... and if Webber indeed wins the championship, we could have as much as six world champs next year racing. That would be amazing.

Yeah it's great to see heidfeld back on the grid, he should of never ever been off it this he's a quality driver and no matter what he says he must of felt slightly gutted to only be a test driver for mercedes. Him and kobayashi will be a great driver line up for sauber, kobayashi is definitely one of my favourite drivers.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

haxxiy said:

I seriously doubt that Kimi would return to F1 and especially with Renault. He has said that if he returns someday he wants winner car. Renault isn't winner car. That news is probably just Renault trying to get other drivers to lower their salary demands.

KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:

I seriously doubt that Kimi would return to F1 and especially with Renault. He has said that if he returns someday he wants winner car. Renault isn't winner car. That news is probably just Renault trying to get other drivers to lower their salary demands.

I'm not sure of that. Kimi was supposed to race this year, but everyone just turned him down because he was a massive asshole when it come to requirements: winning car, less PR hours and massive salary. Basically, everything for nothing. Then he turned to Rally and look what happened to him - got not even a shadow of what he hoped for besides maybe a "funnier" environment.

Besides he's the one searching Renault and not the other way around. But who knows, only time will tell. He may genuinely want that place on the grid, but can his stuff be a match for Petrov's russian money?

haxxiy said:
KillerMan said:
haxxiy said:

I'm not sure of that. Kimi was supposed to race this year, but everyone just turned him down because he was a massive asshole when it come to requirements: winning car, less PR hours and massive salary. Basically, everything for nothing. Then he turned to Rally and look what happened to him - got not even a shadow of what he hoped for besides maybe a "funnier" environment.

Besides he's the one searching Renault and not the other way around. But who knows, only time will tell. He may genuinely want that place on the grid, but can his stuff be a match for Petrov's russian money?

It was pretty much Mclaren or nothing after last year. Red Bull already had drivers and we didn't know about Mercedes own team. He didn't even look other options in F1 so it is wrong to say that everyone turned him down. About Rally. He has done just fine considering circumstances. It's his first year against guys that have driven rally whole their life. He didn't expect that he would be able to win in first year or even get to the podium and he has said this several times. Next year when they chance cars completely and he is able to drive rallys with already existing notes we will probably see completely different results. That is if he continues within rally and I believe he does. Personally I hope for F1 return (more interesting to me)but I just don't believe it considering that he has said several times this year that F1 is too much about non driving matters and if he returns he wants winner car.