By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Music Riddle Game - Round 14 (Mixed)

To add to SHMUPGurus's post, one idea, to start a whole new set of rounds. I think it would almost be better to separate the contests into 10 round segments. Just seems "cleaner", I mean, are you guys going to keep going forever? That's just an opinion though.

Another opinion, I think it would be better to use mostly just popular series of games. And there's nothing wrong with using multiple songs from a franchise over a few rounds; as in use a FF6 song in one round, and maybe a FF8 song the next.

Also, if you stick to more popular series, you can pick more obscure songs within the popular games (even though it's already sort of done, it's more reasonable). Also, you'll get more half points, but I think people would be happier and have more fun. It's kind of frustrating to hear some of these weird songs and REALLY think you've heard it before, but you can't place it at all. This way someone might think "Oh this is a Mario song! But which game is it from?".

Obviously, it's not perfect and there problems with that too, but I think people would be happier with scores being generally higher.

Edit: Granted, I wasn't around for the earlier rounds, so maybe it used to be something like this? I didn't go back to check.

Around the Network

I'm fine with starting over. Maybe 15 rounds then a new "contest"?

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Son1x said:
I'm fine with starting over. Maybe 15 rounds then a new "contest"?

That could work. Personally, I don't care either way, since it's, in my eyes, become more of a fun thing rather than a competition. At least I know for certain that I'm not trying to catch SHMUP. The total score is irrelevant, since a round hoster can't earn points. But I'm willing to have someone start over; I still have a few ideas for rounds...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Well you can host 15, then we can start doing the "Riddle Game 2" or something like that. Use the second sheet on the scoretable.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Total score is useless. I use it to keep track of who's still playing actually.

If we're starting a new "contest", we need to advertise!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

I find the table interesting. But then again, I like statistics >.>
I'm one of those that can amuse themselves with them :S

Oh, there's nothing wrong with statistics, don't get me wrong there. If anything, I'd love to see an average score for the rounds played, but that would be a bitch to deal with...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Nah, that would be easy to work out, it would take VERY little time to throw that into Excel. I'd offer to do it but I actually don't have office on my computer =P

Then again, why mess with a good thing? This is already fun, but I just figured there could be ways to streamline it and make it more enjoyable for more people, and hopefully bring in a new crowd that's interested. But who knows.

Also, if you do smaller segments, it could be easier for 1 person to manage a "set" so to speak. So, Son1x could do a set and do maybe 5 rounds, and dunno001 could do a set and do 5 rounds as well. And they could even run simultaneously if desired.

Just brainstorming really and throwing ideas with abandon. I love this sort of contest, and would love to make it better if possible. I don't necessarily think most of my ideas are good ideas, the only one I actually like is using mostly songs from popular games/series, just to make it more accessible to more people. I know I myself don't even feel like voting when I'm only sure of 1 -.-

Nah, 1 by 1 is probably better and I don't want to host them consecutively. I prefer it this way, whoever wants to host, hosts.

I'm ending this round in around 8 hours.