By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Suda51: Natal is great, Sony's Arc isn't exciting

He said a few days ago he was interested in both...

No matter, as long as he supports both, I could care less.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

He seems to be suffering from contradicting views, or poor translation.

Right now I suspect 80% of multiplatform developers are working on both Natal and Arc, for obvious reasons.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

some people say this and some people say that...but for me i dont care about Arc or Natal...

Well not that the lack of Sudas support means anything for Sony. Lets be honest, his games arent really system pushers Never where, never will be.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

"Drop A Nice Save" confirmed

Around the Network

I wish the comparisons would stop being made between these two products. They are very different.

Sony decided that a controller was required and the Arc is about the precision required for hard core gaming experiences.

Microsoft decided no controller is required and Natal is about different gaming experiences aimed primarily to casuals where not as much precision is required.

Both are valid approaches. But both are primarily aiming at two different crowds.

qmoney88 said:
thats kind of like saying why make any game for both the ps3 and 360 because they both sport the same control system, um to make more money? Lol, what a douche

If by douche you mean 'makes games for the love of making games, and for gaming in general'

If suda51 wanted to make money, he woulda got a job developing shit games for Activision. I am puzzled why you would prefer he do this to making awesome games.

qmoney88 said:
thats kind of like saying why make any game for both the ps3 and 360 because they both sport the same control system, um to make more money? Lol, what a douche

Lol. I never thought of it like that. Good point. but isn't he saying he's more excited for Natal because the arc is too similar to the wiimote not that he wont make games for the arc?

I expect a load of wii covers for the arc before devs start utilising the power of the PS3 to make bigger more intensive games that they can't make on the wii due to it's lack of power.

I wouldn't call him a douche though. He has an opinion.

Arc isn't groundbreaking... Natal is.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Developer states his opinion, is subsequently labelled a douche or some other random insulting name by nerds on the interent.....glad to see its business as usual on the Interwebz. :P