By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The King of Video Games is............

Oh wait, Tekken bores me.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

How can Mario bore you? When he talks it makes you want to smile. "It's a me Mario" or when he falls or hurts himself. But one of Mario's subjects receives much hype out of know wear called Final Fantasy group. *yawn*

If Sony never owned owned Crash, then why was Sony plastered on the 4 games done by Naughty Dog?
Why was the 4 games done by Naughty Dog marked as first party Sony games?

mario will always be king of all video games

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Pretty much. Nothing compares to mario.

Around the Network

Duh

Don't duh me! You annoying Nintendo fans. Why hasn't anyone mentioned the amount of games Mario has been put in by Nintendo? There's about over 20 of them.

Thanks for damaging my retinas with that yellow font.

Yes. Mario is the king of video games and you are upset that another series that is on number 13 ( which also has had several spin-offs) isn't getting more attention. You are implying that Mario is being milked, but that other serites has had a lot of games too.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

The Mario franchise has sold more in the 7th generation than any other franchise sold in the 6 first generation combined. It's ahead of Final Fantasy and The Legend of Zelda combined.

You can claim that Mario's sales aren't so impressive, considering there are 21 of them this generation. Well, can you name a single franchise that has a higher average pr game than 7 million?

A quick check tells me that no non-Nintendo franchise has a higher average sold pr game than Mario this generation, be it for the 7th generation or all of them combined. (Except for possibly Grand Theft Auto, depending on how you count it) (Of Nintendo franchises, it's only Brain Training and the Wii series that beats it).

You cannot evade the fact that Mario games are selling insanely much. Heck, the 6 Mario Kart games are likely to outsell the 16 Zelda games by quite a margin, and they're close to the total of the 61 Final Fantasy games.

Edit:

Oh, you asked a question. 200 million seems rather likely. The already released DS titles are looking at at least another 10 million more (mainly from NSMB and MKDS). The already released Wii titles are looking at 10 million (at least) from NSMB Wii, 5-8 million from MKWii and probably a bit over a million for the rest.

In other words, you're looking at over 175 million even if no more games release. 

It is of course possible that Nintendo will cease to release more Mario titles, but I consider that somewhat unlikely. 200 million seems somewhat low-end.

Tridrakious said:
Well had Sony kept Crash Bandicoot and slapped him on and in almost Sony has done for past 16 years, then Mario would have some real competition.

Of course Sony has Kratos now.....and well if Mario jumped on his head, it would be the last thing Mario ever did.

But Kratos doesn't have charisma...