By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF XIII to have the worst metacritic since 6

Severance said:
wtf? FF6 is the lowest? Fuck Metacritic. thats one of the best games ever.

It's the most critically acclaimed FF on GameRankings
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=Final+Fantasy&numrev=3&site=

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Severance said:
wtf? FF6 is the lowest? Fuck Metacritic. thats one of the best games ever.

No, FF6 isn't even on Metacritic. There were no video games before the PS1 era when all gaming started.

PS1 started gaming? i thought it was 360... my bad.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Don't be sad... maybe Final Fantasy XIII will win an Oscar this Sunday

FF Anthology (FF5+FF6 PS1 port) scored 80 on metacritic. Does that count? lol.

Btw how the hell does FF Anthology score only 80 when the SNES version of FF6 scores 90+% on GameRankings? I understand that the SNES graphics are primitive by late gen PS1 standards but I don't think graphics should factor in too much with the overall score (and yes I know Anthology includes FF5 too but in terms of FF fan opinion, it's not like FF5 was the black sheep of the series. It's story was lackluster and some didn't like the job system but it was still a well-respected FF).

Ok, yeah that's a bit too misleading of a title, you can't just say "worst meta score since VI" and then say "yeah there are no meta scores for VI" it's already tricked people like severance

Worth noting http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/gba/finalfantasy6advance?q=final%20fantasy the GBA port of VI since it's the only version that's released since meta started tracking reviews, it has VI at a 92, so again deceptive title, but if you wanted to be honest it'd be the lowest since XI or if you feel that isn't "main line" enough for you you can pick out III on the DS, but those won't net you as many hits I'm guessing

Anyway... ~locking~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
loves2splooge said:
FF Anthology (FF5+FF6 PS1 port) scored 80 on metacritic. Does that count? lol.

Btw how the hell does FF Anthology score only 80 when the SNES version of FF6 scores 90+% on GameRankings? I understand that the SNES graphics are primitive by late gen PS1 standards but I don't think graphics should factor in too much with the overall score (and yes I know Anthology includes FF5 too but in terms of FF fan opinion, it's not like FF5 was the black sheep of the series. It's story was lackluster and some didn't like the job system but it was still a well-respected FF).

Final Fantasy VI Advance got 92 on Meta

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/gba/finalfantasy6advance?q=Final%20Fantasy%20VI

And that's for a 13-year-old game.