By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Sony...

what if sony released the Ps3 the same time as the 360

what if sony's current PS3 slim is the offical luanch but instead of calling it slim

what if the price was 299 instead of 599 or 499

will any of it make any difference

add your own what if and discuss

Around the Network

they would be bankrupt

mM
leo-j said:
they would be bankrupt

hahahaha such a realistic answer 

funny and smart

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

leo pretty much is spot on.

Sony would have discontinued the PS3 a long time ago, and this would be a 2 horse race.

Long time no see Leo-j, where've you been?

If the PS3 released at the same time as the 360, Sony would have had a problem equal in magnitude to RROD

If the PS3 had been released at the size of the current slim, there would not have been enough room to contain all the parts, many important parts would have to be outside the casing, such as the processor, ram, video card. Everything really :P The slim was not possible with the original components.

If the PS3 had been launched at $299, the entire of Sony, not just gaming division, would have gone bankrupt very quickly

Around the Network

I've been posting for a while..

mM

They would release a game called Sononony in Japan where you try and save a bankrupt company into making the most successful system ever while later in the real world would stop making the PS3 2 years in and be releasing games on Wii and Xbox..mostly god of ware cash ins like Gow Karts and Gow tennis.

Fair enough. I must just sign on at different times to you then

Then they would also have hardware failures comparable to the X360. No, seriously. Go look it up. The reason it got delayed so much is because of faulty hardware.
what if sony's current PS3 slim is the offical luanch but instead of calling it slim
Well that would be unrealistic, but, if it would've happened, the lack of backwards compatibility would've turned some people off (60GB version was the version that sold the most I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

Then they would also have hardware failures comparable to the X360. No, seriously. Go look it up. The reason it got delayed so much is because of faulty hardware.

Well that would be unrealistic, but, if it would've happened, the lack of backwards compatibility would've turned some people off (60GB version was the version that sold the most I think, correct me if I'm wrong). I don't think that in itself would've improved sales.

Then the X360 wouldn't have a chance if it was launched at 399/499.

Only the price and the games.

Truth does not fear investigation

If we take all the impossibilities out of it then Sony would currently be in 2nd place but the fact is, we can't. Sony and Microsoft made different decisions and the current situation is the outcome of those decisions.