By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will GT5 outsell Forza 3?

Xbbjf9s said:
Twistedpixel said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Twistedpixel said:
Forza 3 will pwn GT5, you can quote me on this!

How shall I prepare your crow sir?

With lashings of sarcasm, the sarcasm which you may have missed first time.

oh....lol

it's not your fault. twisted pixel forgot to bring his sarcasm sign to the discussion lol

Around the Network

You went to the right web site to ask this questions and a good to time to hype the game again. Good job!

You can go ahead and tell your friend that GT5 american sales alone will outsale froza 3 lifetime worldwide sales.

Xbbjf9s said:

I am currently in a debate with my friends roomate regarding exclusives ps3 vs 360 and racing games got into the mix (he is a 360 fan) and is saying that GT5 will not sell as much Forza 3, do you think that GT5 will outsell Forza 3? I think it will do half it's sales within a month. Thoughts?

Noone mentioned the selling numbers of GT titles here.

You can show your friend my post I think its even a novelty for you because if you would know the selling power of GT you wouldnt need to start that thread.

Gt sells between 10-15 Million Units. The first part on a new console is always the one with the highest selling numbers. Thats why GT1 sold more then GT2 and GT3 sold more then GT4. Gran Turismo is a title with HUGE legs Gt4 recently broke the 11 Million mark.

Gt 3 sold 14.89 Million Units.

GT 4 sold 11 Million Units (and is still selling)

Lets come to prologue.

There was a prologue last gen prologues are demos they sell usally very bad. 500k-750k 

Gt5 Prologue was actually a really succesful prologue with 4 Million Units sold. You can say its almost a full game but compared to the size of GT5 its not even a proper demo. Most games demo about 2-5% of the full game. Gt Prologue is not even 1% Gt Prologue is indeed just a demo and you have still to pay for it between 20 and 30 Euro/Dollar.

Gt Prologue sold more then every Forza in history. (not combined ofcourse) 

Gt5 will be massive Forza is to GT like Resistance to Halo. Expect GT atleast sell 4 times more then Forza. 

I am not a huge fan of racing games but GT is unique it has something no other racing game has. The Gt Academy Demo had physics on a level never seen before (atleast I havent).

maybe you should make first a bet for money. And then show him this thread. Bet whatever sum you want you can easily bet 1000Dollar or more on GT5 you wont find a person on this planet with knowledge that would say Forza wil win. Even if they say it will win they dont believe it for sure. The fanchises play in another league.

Gran Turismo is one of the most succesful franchises on this planet and if you count the average per title (excluding the prologues) you will see its in th same league like Mario or even call of Duty. 

5 titles (Gt1,Gt2,Gt3,Gt4,GtPSP) and almost 50 Million sold units average per title 10 Million (only because of GT PSP which is selling very good for a PSP game)

If you count just home console releases its an average of 11.5 Million Units.  If you count halo without Halo wars and ODST the average is just 8 Million with them its even less.

GT is in a league with the Sims, Call of Duty, Mario and Halo.  GT5 will prove its enormous selling power, 

i expect just the best racing game of all time because I know that Polyphony Digital are excellent developers and with such a great hardware like the PS3 which is a physics beast we probably will see the best GT ever made I am absolutely sure. No genre profits more from stronger hardware then racing sims. 

GamerOhaLAA said:
Of course GT will outsell Forza. Thats like asking will Halo 3, ODST, or REACH can outsell..well..just about any other FPS thats on ONE platform, lol

MW2 will sell more then halo3 on xbox alone. 

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Call+of+Duty:+Modern+Warfare+2+-+X360[28848]&reg2=All&game2=Halo+3+-+X360[6964]&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100

Around the Network

"Will GT5 outsell Forza 3?"

in less then 2 weeks.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

we are talking about Crapza "GT5 wannabe" 3?

of course XD

The most simple answer is that FM3 needs to outsell GT5P before you can start having a debate about whether GT5 will outsell FM3.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Asking if GT5 will outsell Forza 3 can be answered with a question. Does a bear shit In the woods? lol.

Not if it is in a zoo.

Let us know what your friend says xD

Wow some people just live in their own little world don't they?