By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavy Rain has the best selling first week of ANY new IP on the PS3.

This is awesome, congratulations to Quantic Dream and Sony!

Around the Network

I'm shocked...Didin't notice Ps3 new Ip:s has pretty bad first weeks...When comparing to other consoles...And to Heavy Rain to do this?Maan...What a weird gen we live in.

Take my love, take my land..

well PS3 fans always waited for existing IP's from the PS2 to come over to the PS3...
thats why new IP's always get ignored

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

i wonder what type of legs it wil have for the next four weeks,you can only imagine it will fall pretty fast,

interesting to see,you can add one from me as i haven't bought it yet,skint

will the nudity stories,pull it through to a 1.5m sell,lol

Above & Beyond

the adverts here in the UK for this game are brilliant

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

I'm seriously impressed. The sentiment on the internetz was that it wont sell. I was thinking 100k.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

quite amazing, and it didn't got many advertising but the one it got was good.
and it's a niche title, but probably managed to steal some hearts

It found an unsatisfied niche and the sales have followed. Too bad im a whore and I'll probably rent this title like I generally do with all cinematic games.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Hobson said:
I'm having a hard time fighting the urge to drop 60 dollars to give it a go.

I think I'll get it in the 30-40 dollar price range.

This. I'll either rent it or wait till its $30ish

CGI-Quality said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
500k is really good first week sales for a new IP on the Playstation 3. Definitely did better than a lot of most Everyone people expected.

Correction.

Re-correction

I just cannot say how BIG an achievement this is for a game like this

also how big of a step forward this is for PS3 as a software powerhouse!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey